What's with the Air Force & tattoo's? | MassCops

What's with the Air Force & tattoo's?

Discussion in 'Military News' started by ASAP, Jan 6, 2007.

1. ASAP

ASAP Guest

Just wanted to know if anyone knew why the Air Force is turning down people with tat's? Also if this happend to anyone else?

Thank's

2. MrPat

MrPat New Member

3. militia_man

militia_man MassCops Member

Because the Air Force is able to be selective of who it allows to join.

4. MrPat

MrPat New Member

That is very true. We have 40k to many people right now and they are kicking people out in certain jobs, ranks, criteria. They also dropped recruitment from around 60k a year to 30k a year.

5. HELPMe

HELPMe New Member

Thats crazy! In the meantime every other service is going balls to the wall to get more riflemen, uh..i mean..service men for Iraq;) Well, i have a tat on my forearm that breaks that 1/4 rule. Its on the inner part and not reall noticeable since in the military you carry everything in your left arm anyway.

6. NBC515

NBC515 MassCops Member

[SIZE=+0]Joining the Air Force is comparable to applying for a job.... The best qualified applicant according to the THEIR standards is going to be accepted... Sorry you don't qualify with the tattoo...there is always the Marines and Army.[/SIZE]

7. DoD102

DoD102 MassCops Member

My daughter went to a recuriter for the AF and wanted satellite communications, veterinary services, or dental and they actually told her "we don't need those services. "Then asked her if she wanted Security Forces. Seeing the BS I put up with for 12 years as an SP she promptly said no and went to the Army. With as ASVAB score of 94 they grabbed her right up.

8. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Only the Fly-pussies! No tatoos! HA HA
    ;)
    Don't forget, you better not get caught in uniform in first class using your own frequent-flyer miles, we don't want the public to think you're wasting taxes on frivolous travel at gov't expense!

These are actual Air Force Reg's! :p

9. ASAP

ASAP Guest

Crazy huh...... What about the Air National Guard, will they allow you to get in with tats?

10. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Actually the Air Guard are the real "Air Warriors" of today! Go 102nd!!!!!:D

11. MrPat

MrPat New Member

Call a recruiter:baby21: