Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MassCops Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I could get a little input on this. For the following scenario, what would you charge?

Respond to an incident (in this case a intoxicated person who had been involved in a fight twenty minutes ago and was bleeding from the face - medical interests mostly) and a third party is preventing you from getting to (in this case) the victim, who is also his friend. Standing in your way... blocking your forward momemtum... in your face... "he doesn't want to talk to you, go away" and blah, blah, blah. :FT:

Forget the specifics of this case if you want. As a P/O you have certain responsibilities, and when you set out to do a task at a scene, investigatory or for the purpose of securing an area or evidence, what do you do when someone wants to try to stop you/get in your way/otherwise inhibit your actions. People keep saying "interfering with the duties of a police officer", but I think that is what they do at Dallas PD (because some sort of similar charge exists in the Lone Star State). All I could think of was 272/53 Disorderly. Obviously resisting would come into play if he/she was attempting to stop you from arresting another person. :BE:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,715 Posts
Christopher said:
Let him push you out of the way and and arrest him for ABPO and disorderly.
I agree 100%, keep it simple. What's sometimes difficult is whether or not to deal with the fool before assessing the victim. Depends on bystanders, condition of the victim, etc.

For those of us who have to deal with the same Arseh*les, you might want to consider CH.272 s.40 Disturbing Assemblies of People this is good for the Barflies/Dances/etc. When you have a violation within one year after twice being convicted of this section, you get sentenced to a month and the sentence shall not be suspended.
Who knows? some of these people never learn?
:roll:

p.s. Don't forget CH. 272 s.20 Advertising for Birth Control or Abortion :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.