What was your first arrest? | Page 3 | MassCops

What was your first arrest?

Discussion in 'Just Shootin' The Breeze' started by Delta784, Jan 18, 2011.

1. DoD102

DoD102 MassCops Member

Lets see.....thinking back to 1977.....I believe it was for disordely at the old American House Bar in TFalls

2. 263FPD

263FPD Well-Known Member

1977????

Let's see.....

I was 10, still living in Kiev, Ukraine, thinking that Americans were evil Imperialist Swine (Because Grandpa Stalin said so years before).

I was looking at the jack-booted Soviet cops back then and saying to myself how cool it must be to be able to kick the shit out someone and not even have to charge them with a crime for 72 hours after arresting them:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

This is what they used to look loike in those days. Note the "Patrol Rifle". I still don't have one and it's 2011.

[​IMG]

3. 13B

13B I see you rollin', I'm hatin'

90/10 and a warrant on my first MV stop. :shades_smile:

4. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

My first as an Auxiliary during a Town Takeover (the Regulars would go for in-service and the town was covered by the Aux. for a few hours. One reg. sgt. and one reg. patlm was still on, just in case) was for Armed Robbery. My partner and I were sitting at the Dunkie's at 5 Corners when a call came in that the Fotomat at Kings Plaza had just been robbed. (I'm dating myself a bit here). We dumped our coffee's (rookie mistake! I haven't dumped a coffee in DECADES) and beat feet the 1 mile up the road. As we pulled into the parking lot, the dispatcher said, "He's in the red station wagon you just passed." We looked at each other and turned the car around. "Now he's two cars ahead of you!" "We almost said it but thought the same thing, "How the hell does HE know???"

We stopped the car in the parking lot where Bertucci's is now, jumped out and drew down on the guy. My partner pulled him from the car while I covered and after patting him down, cuffed him and put him in the back seat of the cruiser. Yeah, he was read his rights.

As I sat in back with him, we could hear the others talking about how we should go back for an ID. the guy, maybe in his early 20s (I was 20 myself) looked at me and without batting an eye says, "No need. It was me. I did it."

I step out and call over to the others, "He says it's him. He admits it."

"We gotta be sure so we probably should go back." Then they start discussing where he might have dumped the gun since none was found on him or in the car. He looks at me and says, "I didn't have a gun. I stuck my hand in my pocket." I relate this but I'm told, "We can't be too careful."

I reply again, "OK".

We get back to the station and this guys is ready for booking. The Regular Lt. gets him lined up to take his picture but is having trouble figuring out how to work the camera. The arrestee shows him how.

Looking back I can't help but think, God, if only they were ALL so cooperative.

The play by play btw, was from the victim who, when told to get down on the floor, took the phone with him. Before the guy left, he dialed 9-1-1 (or whatever was being used back then) and the end of the crime was heard over the phone, then he gave the info as the guy left.

For a 20 year old kid who couldn't wait to be a cop full time, this was one of the most incredible moments in my then young life!

First at a full timer at UMass? I don't remember.

First at my current job? I don't remember.

What happened yesterday morning? I don't remember.

---------- Post added at 10:16 ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 ----------

Can you picture one of these guys coming here and trying to adjust? And Delta thinks he couldn't do MY job!

5. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

First arrest; 90-23 and warrants. The guy was so fat he had to lie on his side to squeeze into my cruiser and I had to string two sets of cuffs together.

6. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

I was stationed in Germany and we were all just getting tanked off base, then the Polizei came and...oh wait, our first arrest on the job? My bad, I thought...nevermind.

7. OCKS

OCKS Guest

Arrest Warrant, in those days they issued warrants for everything. Not paid parking tickets, dog license etc.
    My first "real" arrest was an assault w/dangerous weapon (kitchen fork) at a domestic.

8. EnforceOfficer

EnforceOfficer New Member

Pull up your pants !

[​IMG]

9. Kilvinsky

Those were the days. You lock someone up on a warrant and if it's at the start of the shift, you took a road trip for the rest of the shift!

Though in our case, it was often within a few miles of travel, very few really good ones.

10. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I used to LOVE road trips for warrant pickups! Used to volunteer for them.

I had a couple of good ones....furthest was out past Worcester (can't remember the town), but also Attleboro, Dracut, Seekonk, and Plymouth.

11. Kilvinsky

Luck Duck!

It seemed that most of the ones we got were from the Mets so it was often a short drive to and from. Welleseley was a nice ride though. That was when they were using the Mass. Highway Barn as a station. Very interesting!

12. OCKS

OCKS Guest

My best road trip was down to the cape to pick up a warrant arrest. Got to take a ride, get lunch, and get an arrest stat. My worst was to Hanover the guy was drunk and had pissed and shit himself. Came home blues light and siren in the break down lane.

13. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

The new WMS eliminated such fun. Sometimes for a really good warrant I would call the issuing department and ask if they wanted to come and get 'em. Every now and then their supervisor would send some lucky bastard on a road trip, but it hasn't happened in a long time with everyone being short. Now if WE could go on road trips to drop off others' warrants, that would almost be as good as being "transport deputy" :rolleyes:

14. Kilvinsky

It's called SELF DEFENSE! It was that, or you might have added your vomit to the mix!

These days, you could have gotten out of work for a few days to de-contaminate yourself considering that was a HAZMAT situation!

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

I've got a story I love to tell about having the department pick the guy up. I won't share it now because of it's length (WHAT???) but I was laughing my ass off that night listening to the radio and then hearing some of the background stuff later, which made it all the more funny!!!

15. OCKS

OCKS Guest

The old warrant system was good in some ways. If you had an idiot but nothing to arrest him for, chances are he had some old warrant for non renewal of a dog lic. There is a god. The best was going to find the guy on friday afternoon so he sits in jail to court on monday morning.

16. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

My first arrest was for male prostitution, but the female police officer let me off after I got her off!:wavespin:

17. A133

A133 MassCops Member

2 pounds of heroin in a false bottom suitcase/front and back covers of two books in the suitcase while working a summer job during law school. Some of the full time guys were pissed :shades_smile:

18. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I well remember Town Takeover.

The Dianne DeVanna debacle happened during a Town Takroever, thank God that the auxiliary cops who responded did the right thing and notified the proper authorities.

Welcome To DougMohns.com - Doug Mohns Offical Web Site

19. 78thrifleman

78thrifleman Smurf theft victim

OUI.... Honestly, I maybe would have let him go today.

20. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

Multiple warrants on a guy so fat I had to use two pairs of handcuffs and lie him on his side to fit into the cruiser.

21. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I was FTO to a n00b when we got an unlawful carrying of a handgun and assault D/W (handgun) arrest as her first. I tried to gently explain to the pumped-up rookie that that sort of thing isn't an everyday incident.

22. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

CWOF?

23. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Probably.....neither one of us ever saw the inside of a courtroom about it. I positively guarantee he didn't do the "mandatory one year" as required by Bartley-Fox, though. :rolleyes:

24. cousteau

cousteau MassCops Member

Domestic A&B, ABDW to wit a branch, leaving scene property damage, and general stupidity.

25. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Late to the thread...

Two from one MV stop...

#1: Possession of a Schedule II CS (Heroin), Unlawful use of same, Paraphernalia, and a felony warrant.
    #2: Possession of a Schedule III CS (Morphine), Unlawful use of same, Paraphernalia, and a misdemeanor warrant.

I figured something was up when the rear seat passenger on the drivers side (#1) pissed his pants when I contacted the driver.

I had asked my FTO (who was a trooper for five years prior) as soon as we got back to the car if he had ever seen someone spontaneously wet their pants before on a stop...the answer was no. :D