Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an idea about lasell college? Carry or not, Chap 90 powers, good pay and how is the administration.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lasell College is a very interesting place. I have had the distinction of working there for quite a while. Many of the people on the Dept. are great. They'll give you the shirt off their backs if you need it. Lasell does carry firearms (9mm), baton, and OC. No ch. 90. The relationship with the Newton Officers in the area is great. I don't really know the new pay scale since the contract I believe has been re-negotiated. However, the Institution would much rather build multi-million dollar buildings than give any needed pay increases. I know it has been mentioned several times before, but the administration is absolutely TERRIBLE to work for/with. It is the typical private college BS. The Police Dept. gets treated worse than the bottom of the barrel. I don't know many people who actually enjoy being spoken to like a 2 year old, but I may be ignorant. If anyone has any further questions leave me a pm.

Double-D

·
Subscribing Member
561 Posts
I agree with Double-D in the sense that Lasell is a very interesting place to work. I had the pleasure of working at the L.P.D. from Oct '01-Apr '03. The benefits are pretty good; when I was there they paid 75% health (CIGNA) and offered competetive savings options (tax-defferred annuities, 401K, etc.) I don't know if it would be the place where one would want to retire, but it's an experience to say that you worked there along the way. I believe the most recent contract is in negotiations, so I'm not sure about the current pay-scale, etc. Please see Double-D's post in regards to the Administration. If anyone needs anything further, feel free to send a private message.

D.K.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi DK and Cutter!!!

I am a Lasell patrolman. If any of you want the real deal, PM me, DD and/or DK. We have no issues with answering your questions.

You may or may not want to take a look at the "campus maids" or "chaos in Newton thread". That could help sum up the situation there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ShakeEmDowN16,
it is funny that you mention the "campus maids" postings. I understand that you are in the middle of a coffeecake scandal. Its a sad day when a coffeecake gets more attention than crime, but what do I know. I think maybe someone over there should check out the "fridge" for the missing item.

Double-D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used to work there as well. The administration is awful an the officers get treated like crap. THe officers there are good to work with and will be there to back you. Well most of them would. When I was there we had a good relationship with Newton PD. If it is a plce where you wanna start and get experience then go for it. They need to be more police oriented and the adminisrtatioin needs to step back and let them do there job. Any further questions feel free to email me or PM me. Stay safe out there.

·
Registered
147 Posts
How's the pay? I interviewed about 2 years ago and it was 14.00/hr at the time. took another job better paying and thought it was better. Are they still looking for someone?

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
"Campus Maids" come on now When I was there we weren't call "Campus Maids" we were called by the locals as "Guards with Guns who are responding" remember that one by Newton's dispatcher SSCPD109. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.