Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

What is wrong with the brass at MSP?

11K views 79 replies 22 participants last post by  RodneyFarva 
#1 ·
#50 ·
Wait, agencies are SOLVING vehicle burglaries?

Reactions: CCCSD
#51 ·
Y'all aren't getting it.
BPD gets all the telephone calls, it's up to them to refer it to MSP.
Sometimes they do, many times they don't.

Thus was an occasion of an overdose at the beach and there was an MSP cruiser sitting right there, but until he heard it over Boston's police radio had no knowledge of it.
And he was carrying Narcan. Right. Freaking. There.
No sharesies almost cost a life.

#52 · (Edited)
Y'all aren't getting it.
BPD gets all the telephone calls, it's up to them to refer it to MSP.
Sometimes they do, many times they don't.

Thus was an occasion of an overdose at the beach and there was an MSP cruiser sitting right there, but until he heard it over Boston's police radio had no knowledge of it.
And he was carrying Narcan. Right. Freaking. There.
No sharesies almost cost a life.
Well..., I better not express my opinion on resurrecting the walking dead

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Sooty and mpd61
#62 · (Edited)
bUt wE'rE jUsT fOLLowiNG oRdeRs.
Every single one of the spineless hacks enforcing this are enemies of the public. The corruption, theft, sexual harassment, and domestic violence that has been ignored or broomed...but THIS is where they draw the line? When things get back to normal, these souless hacks should vaccinate themselves with 230gr JHP pills.

#64 ·
I know LE suicide is a serious topic, and I don't take it lightly. In the current anti-LE atmosphere, to take exemplary and compassionate troopers like the ones above and not only ruin their careers but humiliate them on the way out the door over something as flimsy and questionable and obviously politically driven such as this? The reckoning on the other side of this should result in those at the top who ordered this, and those who unquestioningly carried out those orders, being stripped of their benefits and pensions, publicly ostracized, imprisoned, and yeah....theres a few who should self-select as well. When they won't even stand up for eachother.....what chance does an ordinary citizen have against government tyranny?

#65 ·
There was a young man from Massachusetts, That man fought in world war II and when he returned home he ran for the House of Representative after he achieved that he then moved on to the Senate. He held a further goal to become the leader of our nation. Now its true he was a democrat, but a democrat who loved his country and upheld its constitution and bill of rights, he fervently believed in and held the upmost respect for our laws and the principles of our country. He was a good man. So in 1960 he ran for office of the president of the united states and ultimately won. he had been elected by "we" the people in 1961.

During his term there were a few scandals one of them being "The bay of pigs invasion" that was later preceded by the Cuban missile crisis. There was a third CIA proposed operation called "Operation Northwoods (Declassified in 1992)". This plan was to create false flags terrorist attacks on American soil then pin it on the Cuban dictatorship to justify a full on invasion by the US into Cuba. When this op was presented to the president and he out right rejected it and admonished Brig. Gen. Edward Lansdale, the person who tried to hatch this plan. The president being so disgusted stated "I will splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it into the wind." Not to long after he made this quote and on a sunny November Texas day this man from Massachusetts was removed from his office... by a bullet, fired by what we were told was a lone shooter who was faithful to a certain communist political party.

Even to this day the assassination of John Fitzgerald Kennedy remains open for debate. Some say it was single man that was a good shot. Some say it was the work of the mob. and others believe it was even one of our own government agencies gone rogue so they could stay in business.

My point to this and how I think it pertains to the MSP is that they can't afford dissension in the ranks and will do anything to prevent it, so they have cut off the nose to spite the face even if it includes smearing and terminating good troopers while at the same time allowing the shitty ones continue to march on, and in some cases to promotion. Trooper Luke Bonin was, and fuck it still is, the epitome of a Trooper and Cop. Anyone can become a "Police officer" or a "Statie" all it takes is an academy a uniform and the ability to write a ticket and follow orders. Being a Cop on the other hand, or a true blue Trooper takes a special kind of person. Someone who will help the weak. Someone who will hold the line. Someone who will lead the way. Someone who will drop everything to help a brother. Someone that has empathy, care and compassion for those who they were sworn to protect. Someone who stood by and upheld the MSP ethics. They had all of this, in this trooper and the many other that were let go or forced into retirement. The brass simply didn't care and found it was easier to just throw them all away because of their pig headed pride and the refusal to take "no" for a answer. The failure of this administration to back the men and woman who patrol the streets will be a stain on the Massachusetts State Police until the end of days.

#66 ·
Wow, well said. If thats the case, then it's time to burn that organization and it's history to the ground. Like the FBI, an agency I used to hold in great esteem now I see as a corrupt politically run joke. Not the men and women out actually doing the job, but the corruption and rot at the top. Both are beyond an enema I'm afraid, both should be dismantled.

Reactions: RodneyFarva
#67 ·
And under a new governor that may happen, even now with police reform coming into play I predict there will be systematic removal of town and municipal police officers in Massachusetts I would put money on seeing things like "Worcester county police dept." Its been done in other states, the state is testing the waters with at first its PSAPs, then next step is part-time cops then we will move campus and the SSPO guys, Trial court guys will be merged into what ever county. Some day there will be officer that one day they are on patrol, next day they are assigned to Middlesex dist court or jail duty.

Alright I got to go and adjust my tin foil hat and take my meds.

#69 ·
So what can be done to stop jt if it becomes mandated by the commonwealth? Alot of troopers expressed thier grievances in 92 during the rmv and registry merger but regardless it still happened over night with a stroke of a pen. I'm not anti or pro regional police but I think its coming down the pike.

#71 ·
Apples and moonrocks; the chief executive of the commonwealth (the Governor, then William Weld) wanted the MSP/MDC/RMV/Capitol merger, he’s the one who had the bill filed in the first place. He then sold the legislature a bill of goods that it would save money, so it sailed through Beacon Hill.

New England is somewhat unique in that cities and towns are vested with a lot of autonomy and power; “town meeting” is probably the purest form of democracy left. The PTB for those cities and towns will vehemently opposed any mandatory regional police legislation, which will guarantee its defeat. The only real opposition to the MSP merger came from SPAM, and we know what Beacon Hill thinks of police unions.

As stated, cities and towns could already have regional police, should they so choose. It’s clearly unwanted.

#70 ·
I don't know about any reconstructions or mergers, but if there was ever a place for the union to take a stand this seems like it. Instead they worry about things like drug testing and GPS tracking [emoji2371]. Then again they also donate and endorse almost universally democrat politicians so the union is truly only concerned about the union not its members. If you told me to publicly fuck over one of my peers over a bullshit "mandate" I would tell you to get fucked or I would call out sick. So that tells you who is enforcing these things.

Reactions: FAPD
#72 ·
No way in hell there will ever be anything form like a county/regional force in Massachusetts. Even with the recent troubles for MSP they hold way too much power and political backing in this state for that to ever happen.

I do think they take a little too much on themselves though. I saw them investigating a non-fatal accident in Weymouth/Hingham about a month ago with their scene reconstruction crew... I’m pretty sure Weymouth/Hingham could have handled that just fine.

#74 · (Edited)
I’m pretty sure Weymouth/Hingham could have handled that just fine.
Or they could have one of the many newly formed "LEC's" NEMLEC, CEMLEC Ect. ect. called out. For those who know were I work the cities and towns around us are calling out Cemlec for K9, SWAT and Crash recon, it wouldn't surprise me in the near future you see their own Crime scene a kin to CPAC. I'm sure this does not sit well with the state police.

#73 ·
All about that OT

#75 ·
It's pretty clear leadership doesn't have your back. All the dirt that got spilled after they jammed up that kid for not falsifying the report in Worcester, now is the time to drop those dimes.

Reactions: RodneyFarva
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.