Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
My aunt was staying in a hotel or AirBNB in the Seaport a while back, and someone broke into her car. She called to report it, and a BPD officer came out and said he’d take a report. He took all the info for a report and left. A little bit later, a trooper showed up and said HE’D take a report, then he took all the info and left. Not long after, a Massport cop materialized, said it was HER jurisdiction, and SHE’D need to take the report. She then collected all the info, and left. We’re still not sure if there were three reports written, no reports, or any amount in between. When she called insurance, they were just as confused who they needed to talk to. The whole thing is a mess.
When Billy Evans was Commissioner he told Baker, Walsh, Gilpin (I think she was Colonel at the time) and everyone else. MSP can have all the road details and OT they want, we want the Seaport for house calls and anything not involving road violations and details.. he never got anywhere with it. People liked to make fun of Evans because he was a bit rough around the edges because he wasn’t as cultured as say Gross was, but he knew right from wrong and the MSP pretending like Seaport should fall under their jurisdiction is wrong.

·
Super Moderator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The ole' Massachusetts triple dip!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Reactions: CCCSD

·
Registered
518 Posts
Easy on the Massport crew. It’s just a bunch of moderately connected sign holders who need a job. A hack holding pattern, like the court officers… but with a FT academy. And for good pay. There ok. I don’t think I’d wanna walk into a sideways call or violent fight with any of em thou.

disband the SP troop and Massport PD.Take that money and create a proper AP PD competent in physical security, critical asset protection and Antiterrorism.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,803 Posts
disband the SP troop and Massport PD.Take that money and create a proper AP PD competent in physical security, critical asset protection and Antiterrorism.
Hey!
Stop making sense you! This is your last warning............

·
Administrator
562 Posts
We respond to calls in Seaport, but they also respond to calls in the Seaport. It’s kind of like the Switzerland of Boston.

They publicly state that it’s their jurisdiction though. I’ve never really understood why they’re there outside of it just being a money grab for them.

I’m not even sure how it breaks down to who responds to what or where incoming goes to. It’s not my district, but I can imagine there’s a lot of instances where both of us show up to a call. Better that than the alternative of thinking “We’ll let them respond to that” and nobody showing up.

The BPD brassy types have units respond regardless because the calls go in to their 911 system.
Makes sense.
What doesn't, is the "don't give State the info" which they've been caught doing and peers have confirmed.

Someone here once had a great analogy for it - something like "it used to be an ugly duckling, pain in the arse, no money in it,
nobody wanted it so State said "ok we'll handle it" - then it was developed, got pretty, and profitable, and eeevvvry one wanted it. "

Basically something to that effect.

The grab for the Fed $$ by Boston pol's and such, was most apparent when the very FIRST group of cell sites they took over, covered that area. 😉

·
Subscribing Member
3,289 Posts
My aunt was staying in a hotel or AirBNB in the Seaport a while back, and someone broke into her car. She called to report it, and a BPD officer came out and said he’d take a report. He took all the info for a report and left. A little bit later, a trooper showed up and said HE’D take a report, then he took all the info and left. Not long after, a Massport cop materialized, said it was HER jurisdiction, and SHE’D need to take the report. She then collected all the info, and left. We’re still not sure if there were three reports written, no reports, or any amount in between. When she called insurance, they were just as confused who they needed to talk to. The whole thing is a mess.
Which agency solved the case???

·
Super Moderator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
How many agencies does it take to solve a vehicle burglary in MA...evidently more than three :)
Wait, agencies are SOLVING vehicle burglaries?

·
Administrator
562 Posts
Y'all aren't getting it.
BPD gets all the telephone calls, it's up to them to refer it to MSP.
Sometimes they do, many times they don't.

Thus was an occasion of an overdose at the beach and there was an MSP cruiser sitting right there, but until he heard it over Boston's police radio had no knowledge of it.
And he was carrying Narcan. Right. Freaking. There.
No sharesies almost cost a life.

·
Super Moderator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
Y'all aren't getting it.

Thus was an occasion of an overdose at the beach and there was an MSP cruiser sitting right there, but until he heard it over Boston's police radio had no knowledge of it.
Well..., I better not express my opinion on resurrecting the walking dead

• Haha
Reactions: Sooty and mpd61

·
Registered
497 Posts
Y'all aren't getting it.

It’s ironic because anytime I roll by Carson Beach in Boston it’ll be littered with MSP and yet.. they don’t even receive incoming.

·
Subscribing Member
3,498 Posts

Sooty,

Just out of curiosity, if the Statie was sitting "right there," how did whoever called 911 not see the Statie sitting "Right there" and wave them over?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Someone related to me was hired by Massport as a consultant on how to reduce costs and increase efficiency. When he saw how large the budget for MSP was, he was told "don't worry about that, we can't touch it". When he protested that didn't make sense, he was told "MSP tells us what they want for overtime and budget, and we give it to them" with zero oversight or accountability. Typical Massachusetts, using our money to pay patronage to hacks, like how nobody ever had an issue that we paid toll collectors $65k a year to literally take the ticket out of the ticket dispensing machine and hand it to you. This state is rotten and fucked and will never be fixed. Move to NH or any other red state, and even the RMV can be a painless experience compared to anything involving government in MA.

Saw an article a few years ago where the FAA did an audit of security at international airports and said that Logan was the only the airport that was not following protocols because they were not stationing police officers at certain critical locations. Massport's response was that they were paying MSP overtime to cover the locations.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Easy on the Massport crew. It’s just a bunch of moderately connected sign holders who need a job. A hack holding pattern, like the court officers… but with a FT academy. And for good pay. There ok. I don’t think I’d wanna walk into a sideways call or violent fight with any of em thou.

Howie Carr did a story a few years ago citing a bunch of residents of East Boston who about 25 years earlier were fighting the expansion of Logan. Several of them were 25 years later retiring from Massport.

·
Administrator
562 Posts
Sooty,

Just out of curiosity, if the Statie was sitting "right there," how did whoever called 911 not see the Statie sitting "Right there" and wave them over?
Maybe didn't want the po-leece there? He was sitting in the grass between the parking lot and gazebo, incident was going on on the beach by the snack bar.
3 sec ride over...

41 - 60 of 61 Posts