Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That’s funny, hire a consultant to consult and then don’t take his advice. Gotta love it.
What do they care, it's not their money

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Reactions: Goose and CCCSD

·
Southern Campus Cop
169 Posts
It always blew my mind that Massport pays however much to have their own PD that does…something? and also pays a huge chunk of change to MSP to police the vast majority of their property. Pick one or the other. Invest in your own PD enough so that they can handle everything, or get rid of them and contract all their work out to another agency, be it MSP, BPD, or whoever else.

·
Super Moderator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Gladu should be shamed off the job. Instead, he will continue to get promoted.

Reactions: CCCSD

·
Registered
497 Posts
It always blew my mind that Massport pays however much to have their own PD that does…something? and also pays a huge chunk of change to MSP to police the vast majority of their property. Pick one or the other. Invest in your own PD enough so that they can handle everything, or get rid of them and contract all their work out to another agency, be it MSP, BPD, or whoever else.
I don’t travel much, but don’t most major US cities have the municipal departments policing their airports? I can’t think of another state that has the state police patrol any major airports.

·
Super Moderator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
And F troop is the big cushy cash cow.

Reactions: CCCSD

·
Get off my lawn!
3,823 Posts
This is just so messed up, yet they continue with the "First and Finest" attitude. The "we are under staffed" complaint is getting old and is not helping your cause, start thinking about taking laterals, lets take a look at everyone who applies to the MSP and start the weeding out process there and not at their test score. We all know people who just can't test well but they would make one hell of an Cop. It friggen blows my mind the MSP will take a 21 year old kid over a seasoned, educated and experienced individual just because he or she scored a 99+ on the test. The agency was created in 1865 and the general mentally is still stuck in the same time line. This needs to change, its time to Improvise, adapt, overcome.

Do you know why morale is low?

It happens when you can't fill shifts and Troopers are getting stuck and your only recourse is to pull guys form specialty positions and put them back into patrol.

You get caught up in scandals red handed and accept no responsibility for it.

A Trooper does the right ethical thing at an oui crash and is reprimanded for it.

You hire a Trooper, Finds out the Trooper has a unfavorably teenage past then claim you knew nothing of it, when you had a large part in the initial investigation.

A whole troop gets disbanded for overtime abuse and falsifying records and only a hand full of personal are criminally charged but most are allowed to retire.

You get cadets that make a RTT but are fired the week they start field training after getting caught oui or trying to pick a fight outside of a bar...

The list goes on and on where I could wright pages and pages of shady activity, now this! firing a Trooper, Combat Vet, all around stellar employee because of his religious beliefs in regard to the vaccine mandate. I just can't comprehend that. So now I will address the brass and hand full of troopers that have allowed this to happen you should hang your head and shame knowing not only did you fail your department and violated the oath you swore to uphold, but you failed the Commonwealth.

Now to the Troopers that still have hope. To the men and women who took this job not because of the pay check, but because it was a calling, please stay, it sucks right now I know but I believe we can make it through this, and for the love of God do every thing you can do to bring that agency back to what it once was... Honorable, Respected and sometimes Feared!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

·
Southern Campus Cop
169 Posts
I don’t travel much, but don’t most major US cities have the municipal departments policing their airports? I can’t think of another state that has the state police patrol any major airports.
I know every time I’ve flown in or out of Bradley, I’ve only seen CSP working it. Of course that’s a pretty small town so I’m sure that’s part of it. I’m pretty sure the Atlantic City airport also has NJSP running it.

In my state, the “state police” (we only have limited jurisdiction highway patrol) doesn’t work airports but several airports have their own PD’s. Raleigh-Durham has RDU Police and Greensboro airport has their own PD too. That’s pretty much the equivalent of if Massport PD ran the show Logan. Charlotte used to have a PD, but now contracts with Charlotte Mecklenberg Police to cover the airport.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gladu seems to enjoy the toilet. Article says he is assigned to New Braintree. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was the same SPA instructor involved with making recruits wear soiled underwear on their heads a few years ago?

·
Subscribing Member
3,498 Posts
Both LAX and Burbank Airports have their own police departments. While they both technically work for their respective cities, both LAX PD and Burbank Airport PDs are independent of the city's PDs.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Florida is a mix for Airport Police. Some airports have their own agencies, (Tampa, Orlando), while I think others like Fort Meyers is run by Lee County Port Authority Police….

Ft. Lauderdale is contracted out to Broward Sheriff’s office (I think as extra duty or details to the deputies, coupled with assigned deputies, but not positive), and Miami has an “airport division” of Miami-Dade County Police.

·
Here comes the Wee-Woo man
194 Posts
I know every time I’ve flown in or out of Bradley, I’ve only seen CSP working it. Of course that’s a pretty small town so I’m sure that’s part of it. I’m pretty sure the Atlantic City airport also has NJSP running it.

In my state, the “state police” (we only have limited jurisdiction highway patrol) doesn’t work airports but several airports have their own PD’s. Raleigh-Durham has RDU Police and Greensboro airport has their own PD too. That’s pretty much the equivalent of if Massport PD ran the show Logan. Charlotte used to have a PD, but now contracts with Charlotte Mecklenberg Police to cover the airport.
Why the hell does MassPort have its own police department, but it doesn't run a major massport property like Logan? What the hell is the point of having your own PD if it doesn't do anything.

·
Super Moderator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Why the hell does MassPort have its own police department, but it doesn't run a major massport property like Logan? What the hell is the point of having your own PD if it doesn't do anything.
$$$

Reactions: mpd61

·
Here comes the Wee-Woo man
194 Posts

I'd also like to make my bitch known that the State police having sole jurisdiction over the Seaport is a public safety hazard, and shouldn't happen.

·
Super Moderator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Huh, i thought it was all one jurisdiction. Still, why not give both concurrent jurisdiction.
All about money. That and institutional ego. But mostly money.

Reactions: CCCSD and NG1992

·
Administrator
562 Posts
IA detectives who greased background checks of the unworthy, captain's who can't read ID numbers, and Lt's who quash Admin 18 and sexual harassment complaints.

Then someone inside who thinks they know all that's going on feeding TB not necessarily always good info.

Let's not forget the PIO releasing information he's got no business releasing, but does it because he crushes on the sexual predator.

🤷‍♀️

They want the public to think it's cleaned up, but it is and will always be "how they always did it*.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Huh, i thought it was all one jurisdiction. Still, why not give both concurrent jurisdiction.
We respond to calls in Seaport, but they also respond to calls in the Seaport. It’s kind of like the Switzerland of Boston.

They publicly state that it’s their jurisdiction though. I’ve never really understood why they’re there outside of it just being a money grab for them.

I’m not even sure how it breaks down to who responds to what or where incoming goes to. It’s not my district, but I can imagine there’s a lot of instances where both of us show up to a call. Better that than the alternative of thinking “We’ll let them respond to that” and nobody showing up.

·
Southern Campus Cop
169 Posts
My aunt was staying in a hotel or AirBNB in the Seaport a while back, and someone broke into her car. She called to report it, and a BPD officer came out and said he’d take a report. He took all the info for a report and left. A little bit later, a trooper showed up and said HE’D take a report, then he took all the info and left. Not long after, a Massport cop materialized, said it was HER jurisdiction, and SHE’D need to take the report. She then collected all the info, and left. We’re still not sure if there were three reports written, no reports, or any amount in between. When she called insurance, they were just as confused who they needed to talk to. The whole thing is a mess.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts