·
Super Moderator
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just another typical Massachusetts hack factory, only with guns. Not talking about the men and women who actually do work.

·
Super Moderator
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Separated at birth?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Reactions: unexpo

·
Super Moderator
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grown up Jason Voorhees is the lieutenant who held his wife's face in a shit-filled toilet, and then embarrassed a solid young trooper and veteran in the most humiliating way possible rather than handling it like a professional.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Grown up Jason Voorhees is the lieutenant who held his wife's face in a shit-filled toilet, and then embarrassed a solid young trooper and veteran in the most humiliating way possible rather than handling it like a professional.

Thank you. That title and “article” were a bit confusing.

·
Registered
490 Posts
This TB guy is all over the place. Hard to understand the direction he takes these articles down..

Well.. I will say this, Baker isn’t blinking. I figured he would have given in by now, but by the looks of it they really are taking these guys off the job.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I really would like to understand what the contingency plan is here though. The State is out of their mind if they think losing 200-300 troopers won’t have a serious impact on standards going forward. Then on the other end they’re in no real hurry from what I can see on getting this next academy started.

You thought Route 24 was bad before? Watch it now when there’s no Trooper in sight for 20 miles.

·
Super Moderator
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's why they're doing it 20 or so at a time, and in the most punitive ways possible to scare the rest into line. At some point the frogs need to realize the pot of water is already boiling. If there was ever a time for blue flu...this is it.

Reactions: CCCSD

·
Registered
490 Posts
That's why they're doing it 20 or so at a time, and in the most punitive ways possible to scare the rest into line. At some point the frogs need to realize the pot of water is already boiling. If there was ever a time for blue flu...this is it.

Yeah that’s a good strategy, but I don’t think it’ll matter. The people who haven’t gotten vaxed at this point aren’t changing their minds I don’t think. This kid that just got fired? He’ll be picked up by his former town or another town in no time and the same could probably be said for a lot of them. Then the older ones might just say F it and go off into the sunset.

I don’t know, it’s not looking good for them though. Never seen the department in such rough shape.

·
Super Moderator
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Their leadership has been rotten for decades. If there's a purge, it should be at the top.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
This TB guy is all over the place. Hard to understand the direction he takes these articles down..

Well.. I will say this, Baker isn’t blinking. I figured he would have given in by now, but by the looks of it they really are taking these guys off the job.
I really would like to understand what the contingency plan is here though. The State is out of their mind if they think losing 200-300 troopers won’t have a serious impact on standards going forward. Then on the other end they’re in no real hurry from what I can see on getting this next academy started.

You thought Route 24 was bad before? Watch it now when there’s no Trooper in sight for 20 miles.
I don't think TB edits his articles and it's clear no one else does because they all seem like stream of consciousness writing. It's pretty much the way I write before I proof and edit especially when I'm angry or tired. There's nothing wrong with it and it's a great way to make sure you hit all your points, but I don't think he actually takes that first draft and refines it because he's in a such a hurry to get the story out.

Honestly I think this is their way of defunding the police without actually saying they're defunding the police. Think about it, they're firing more people than they will put on in two classes over the vaccine mandate. What better way to defund the police than to do it in a way that allows you to put the blame on someone else? "Well we didn't want to let staffing get that low, but they forced our hand and gave us no choice. Now the citizens are going to suffer because of those who refused to follow the law." They won't say "who refused to follow orders" because that sends a message that people will wake up to, but they know that most people either don't understand the difference or don't care that there is a difference between a law and a dictum by the governor.

You think a desk and two was bad, buckle up because it's going to be a bumpy ride. NHSP is going to have more patrols than MSP at the rate this is going.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Who cares? Sit back and watch it burn.

I travel the Mass Pike 2x a day (to and from work), and in all the time I’ve been doing that, I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen a MSP cruiser not on a detail.

What’s really going to change? Less MSP cruisers on the highway? They’re already not there, so what?

Let Charlie Parker live with the consequences of his decisions.

·
Super Moderator
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The MSP isn't interested in defunding the police....they strong arm Massport into giving them the amount of overtime the MSP says they want. The top hacks get paid $200K a year, they're all about funding...their bank accounts.
This is a purge of anyone who dares think for themselves. If they treat their own troopers this deplorably over a NONEXISTENT and unenforceable vaccine "mandate" (Biden held a press conference nothing has been signed into actual law) how are the Nuremberg boys going to treat the average citizen when they're turned loose to confiscate firearms?

·
Registered
490 Posts
The MSP isn't interested in defunding the police....they strong arm Massport into giving them the amount of overtime the MSP says they want. The top hacks get paid $200K a year, they're all about funding...their bank accounts.
This is a purge of anyone who dares think for themselves. If they treat their own troopers this deplorably over a NONEXISTENT and unenforceable vaccine "mandate" (Biden held a press conference nothing has been signed into actual law) how are the Nuremberg boys going to treat the average citizen when they're turned loose to confiscate firearms?

With everything they’re going through, I could see us in Boston maybe finally getting a crack at Logan and the Seaport in the next few years. I remember when I was going through the academy, Billy Evans was still commissioner and he was all about getting Logan under BPD control. Gross wasn’t quite as vocal about Logan as Evans was and well.. for now we don’t really have a real commissioner.

·
Super Moderator
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Someone related to me was hired by Massport as a consultant on how to reduce costs and increase efficiency. When he saw how large the budget for MSP was, he was told "don't worry about that, we can't touch it". When he protested that didn't make sense, he was told "MSP tells us what they want for overtime and budget, and we give it to them" with zero oversight or accountability. Typical Massachusetts, using our money to pay patronage to hacks, like how nobody ever had an issue that we paid toll collectors $65k a year to literally take the ticket out of the ticket dispensing machine and hand it to you. This state is rotten and fucked and will never be fixed. Move to NH or any other red state, and even the RMV can be a painless experience compared to anything involving government in MA.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Someone related to me was hired by Massport as a consultant on how to reduce costs and increase efficiency. When he saw how large the budget for MSP was, he was told "don't worry about that, we can't touch it". When he protested that didn't make sense, he was told "MSP tells us what they want for overtime and budget, and we give it to them" with zero oversight or accountability. Typical Massachusetts, using our money to pay patronage to hacks, like how nobody ever had an issue that we paid toll collectors $65k a year to literally take the ticket out of the ticket dispensing machine and hand it to you. This state is rotten and fucked and will never be fixed. Move to NH or any other red state, and even the RMV can be a painless experience compared to anything involving government in MA.

That’s funny, hire a consultant to consult and then don’t take his advice. Gotta love it.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts