Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what is this localpolice.net site all about ???

4K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  Bravo2060 
#1 ·
:shock: what is this localpolice.net site all about ??? who runs it ? seems that they have a grudge against the State Police ... i could not get into the police forum room to read the postings they ask people to post ... any info ?

Discussion starter · #9 ·
i'm undecided on this topic. where i work i know of NO officer that would abuse the authority granted by this bill. most would prefer not to get involved in matters that do not concern them. we are all full time officers and new guys out of the academy have to ride with an experienced officer for 8 months before they can ride alone - this usually makes new guys more pragmatic and takes any yahooism out of them before they ride alone. however, my concern would be that some part time or new officer who has Wyatt Earp Syndrome would be looking for things to get into while traveling through a municipality other than his own. an example would be the posting earlier regarding the small town officer requesting an immediate threat license suspension on a guy who is speeding - turned out to be an off duty officer. unfortunately, those cowboys exist in all of our jobs - be it Deputy, Constable, Campus Police Officer, Nuke Plant Officer, State Police or Municipal Police - i bet all of you are familiar with at least one that works somewhere.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.