What is the best boot for police work?? | Page 2 | MassCops

What is the best boot for police work??

Discussion in 'Police Duty Gear For Sale / Wanted' started by moe42, Mar 22, 2006.

1. wgciv

wgciv New Member

Bates ultra lights are great if you're gonna be doing some running

2. MassCop714

MassCop714 New Member

I'd Def. go with a 5.11 when looking at a quarter cut

3. ArchAngel2

ArchAngel2 Grand Admin Commander

Stay away from the magnum Hi-Tech boots. I am on my second pair in a month, the zipper broke on the first pair and the second pair is starting to fray. Comfortable but they dont last when you are in them for 8-16 hors a day 4-5 days a week

4. bcpd123

bcpd123 New Member

Nobody's mentioned Ridge Outdoor. I've been wearing a pair for 2 yrs, waterproof and with a thick sock all winter long with no complaints. They also make a mid height with a side zipper. They are better that Magnum and are located on the east coast, which is why I sell them as well. I won't say where my store is, becasue I don't want it to look like I'm doing a commercial, but I make it a habit of wear testing before I sell any new brand. Ridge also came out with a 9" boot that has a side zipper and is waterproof, and all Ridge boots have an air cushioned heel, and they were the first company to put a special piece on the rear of the boot which protects you from peeling the heel if you use the other foot to take off your boot. You can check out their website and they should be able to direct you to stores in this area. www.ridgeoutdoors.com

5. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Altama jungle boots , American made , have held up for 4 years now

Stoughton Army/Navy