What is the best boot for police work?? | MassCops

What is the best boot for police work??

Discussion in 'Police Duty Gear For Sale / Wanted' started by moe42, Mar 22, 2006.

1. moe42

moe42 New Member

I am looking for a new pair of boots for work. Something that is quarter cut, light weight, durable, and comfortable. Also what stores in the Boston area have the best selection of boots.

2. id1811xecj

id1811xecj New Member

Danner aren't light but they are my favorite.

3. NorwichAlum

NorwichAlum MassCops Member

I wear Magnums and find them very comfortable. I wear quarterboots in the summer and I also have an insulated/waterproof winter pair. If you have to purchase them on your own, they sell them at Bob's store so you don't have to pay the police supply store markup.

4. SGT_GRUNT_USMC

SGT_GRUNT_USMC Subscribing Member

Original SWAT

5. thelastsamurai

thelastsamurai MassCops Member

Magnum Midnight Plus wide.. very light and soft/comfortable. Bobs has a selection.

6. Muggsy09

Muggsy09 MassCops Member

7. sh460

sh460 MassCops Member

After spending MANY years in the military having the right boot/shoe is definetely a priority! Having worn and spent a lot of $$$ on boots in the past, My choice are the 5.11 tactical series boots. I personally wear the ATAC boots myself and found them to be very comfortable, somewhat affordable and are very durable. I've worn the Original Swat boots and found them not even comparable to 5.11's. Most police supply stores have them in stock or you can also order them online. Hope this helps and good luck.

8. kttref

kttref New Member

I second that!

9. cchc28

cchc28 Wanna Talk About It?

Magnum....side zip...composite toe.... VERY NICE!! just dont tug up on the zipper too much...

10. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

Magnum Midnight Plus are really comfy but mine did not last that long... then again I sort of abused them a bit as I started to wear them around the house and did yard work in them. Mine had the steal toe which now seems to be unavailable. Then again after watching thin Myth Busters Ep. where the steal toe can chop your toes off. I don’t really mind not having the steal toe now :D

11. speccop

speccop New Member

:blink: That would make for a very bad day at the office

I like my Bates jump boots...but they're definately a warm-weather boot. The waterproof Magnum soft-toe boots are great for the colder/wetter days.

12. OldNancy

OldNancy MassCops Member

Personally I'm a fan of the Rocky 10" Zipper Paraboot. I find them to be the most comfortable.

13. Irish Wampanoag

Irish Wampanoag Subscribing Member

I have had two pair of Magnums in my time and they are/were the most durable boot I have ever owned. I am not crazy on the look however but by far the best boot for the price.

14. Patriot

Patriot New Member

I've always had good luck with Bates boots, especially the spec op defender series. Light, comfortable, waterproof with gortex lining, aggressive tread for chasing down the rabbits... what more could you ask for?

15. TONEY

TONEY New Member

Magnums, Only Last A Year At Best. I Used To Get Them Each Year. Now I Get The Rocky And They Are Excellent Try Them, Almost The Same Price.

T

16. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

Where do you guys get your boots at? Last pair I got was a Wear Guard but they only sell Magnum in the retail store which did not last me too long. I hate to by any footwear on the internet

17. Andy0921

Andy0921 MassCops Member

I wanna get those oakley boots someone was talking about...I like the tactical look, some people hate it. I love the ballistic vest that you can wear over a polo that says POLICE across the chest and has pockets and stuff on it.

18. kttref

kttref New Member

Dork...

19. OneTactical

OneTactical MassCops Member

20. cchc28

cchc28 Wanna Talk About It?

just got a pair of 511 6 inch with a toe cap...... LOVE EM!

21. secret squirrel

secret squirrel MassCops Member

bates ultra-lites side zip

22. Barbrady

Barbrady MassCops Member

An issued boot would be the best for me.

23. 1moreftrleo

1moreftrleo New Member

Bates enforcer ultra-lites are supposed to be great, you can get them at Dicks sporting goods for 69.99. i needed something waterproof though so i went with the GX-8's, i just ordered them the other day so i havn't tried them out yet but i've heard good things.

24. 209

209 MassCops Member

I just got the original SWAT 9" with side zip( a must ) from Sentry Uniform for $75. VERY comfortable, easy to move in, good ankle support. Spent the last 3 years wearing Rocky, leather, 10", with sidezip. Nice boot, cleans up well after severe encounters with mud, looks sharp, but lacks comfort which is key for being in them 8, 12, 16 hrs a day.

25. HELPMe

HELPMe New Member

How about some black sketchers muggsy..haha