Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys have a membership there? I do and the last time I was there they were ripping the whole front area of the place apart.

I also noticed that part of the range seemed to be in bad shape.

Is AFS getting ready to go out of business or what? Even the staff looked bored and tired when I was there last time.

I hope not. I really used to like that place.

Anybody know what's going on with them?

·
Registered
400 Posts
From what I heard they are going to be used exclusively by federal and local agencies for training and that they are getting away from personal/individual memberships.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that sucks. I just renewed with them not too long ago. :(

They better fix their range if that's the direction they are going in then. I guess I'll have to get a membership at the Braintree range.

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
beat down or not that range is better then going to Moon Island in the incliment weather trust me. The best part about the place is all the dust on everything in the store area :p

Scott :pc:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Back when MCJTC was using the place the owners were thrilled. However a friend of mine ran the academies in Eastern MA and he told me that they only used the place as long as the federal grant money was available. Once it ran out, he told me that MCJTC couldn't afford the fees that AFS wanted.

The local departments in the area all beg any gun club in the area to use their facilities (for free, of course) for training. They just don't have the money to spend for training in an expensive facility like AFS.

Perhaps a number of agencies got funding from Homeland Security and AFS may get a shot in the arm for a while?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.