Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard the MASS POLICE CORP was disbanned, is this true? I had heard from a MSP LT, who was an instructor there that US Capital police and even Army MPs were going to be trained there, I found that hard to belive! Now I here it was disbanned does anyone know what happened?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Military police and civilian police are completely different... yes some duties they perform are similar/same, (law and order) but that's about it..

Police corps is for POLICE OFFICERS

MP School is for MILITARY POLICE SOLDIERS

To my knowledge many of the installations are moving to the DOD police for law enforcement.. There is just too much need for the soldiering aspect of MP's these days :t:

·
Subscribing Member
288 Posts
US Capitol Police trains at FLETC (I think), the army. at whatever base(s) they are using. Thats the end of the line.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dimen24, i realise the difference between MPs and Police Officers. i was more pointing out the obsurdity that my source thought they would train them together. But my over all question was referring to what happened and why aren't in opperation anymore. So if anyone has any info let me know thanks

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,711 Posts
fedlawman18 said:
I heard the MASS POLICE CORP was disbanned, is this true? I had heard from a MSP LT, who was an instructor there I found that hard to belive! Now I here it was disbanned does anyone know what happened?
OH MY GOODNESS!
:shock:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,711 Posts
GPD11 said:
How many Police Corps classes were there anyways? Was there just one class?
There were two (2) and they were a quality product both times. For the record I always ribbed the PROGRAM cuz I didn't think it was a necessity in this Commonwealth in these times, and because the program itself was just a little overboard in presenting itself as the "end all, be all"
:2c:
Again, Kudos' to those very few and very proud who went through, but arguably the program that placed such a high value on"integrity" self-destructed because of a lack of it.
:sh:

·
Registered
968 Posts
I would like to say :2up: to the instructors responsible for not only :hump: a recruit, but also :hump: the rest of us who wanted to get in the ma police corp in hopes of getting a job. :up_yours:
:alcoholi:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I went throught the second (and last) class at MPC. I am very grateful for the disciplined training I received. Though, I am embarrassed about how the program has gone down the drain. There was so much emphasis on integrity in the academy and its seems all for nothing . :evil:
ALL I KNOW IS THAT I WILL ALWAYS HAVE MY OWN INTEGRITY AND NOTHING AND NOBODY IS GOING TO RUIN THAT

·
Registered
968 Posts
I took a Domestic Violence course and my Instructor taught at Mass Police Corp. Her name was Prof. Devasto....really intelligent and knows her stuff. She told me that the Police Corp was a great program. It sucks that it is not active anymore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts