Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was heading home from a detail heading north on R9 in Williamsburg. The Crusier was head south, and was blue just like Boston PD's blue, except it was completly blue, with a light bar. Any one know what department it was from?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Yep. Ashfield. When I worked there, the Chief had purchased two former Michigan State Police Cruisers. One was for Ashfield, the other is in Leverett.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Harley387 said:
Yep. Ashfield. When I worked there, the Chief had purchased two former Michigan State Police Cruisers. One was for Ashfield, the other is in Leverett.
First thing I thought when I saw it was Michigan State Police, except it didn't have that old school single red light.

·
Subscribing Member
292 Posts
Yeah, what the heck is up with Michigan? I mean preserving tradition is all well and good, but isn't officer safety an issue too? What the heck does that little red light do. It's almost comical.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ROBOCOP1982 said:
Yeah, what the heck is up with Michigan? I mean preserving tradition is all well and good, but isn't officer safety an issue too? What the heck does that little red light do. It's almost comical.
:lol: Ive always thought the same thing. The least they could do is switch it to blue or something.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I want to know what the hell is up with that foolish "STOP" sign bolted to the hood of Michigan cruisers.........

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
Harley387 said:
I want to know what the hell is up with that foolish "STOP" sign bolted to the hood of Michigan cruisers.........
LOL is that the strip of plastic transparent glass which is placed in the middle of their cruisers hood? I never saw one in person but I did see it on Americas Most Wanted when they reenacted a case the Michigan State Police had with a notorious gang member from Deadtroit but I thought it was just Hollywood LOL cheesy

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Nope, not Hollywood. It's standard on Michigan SP cruisers. When we got the Ashfield cruiser, it had bolt holes in the hood from that silly thing. If you look close, I'm sure they are still there. We just filled em with silicone. to keep water out of the engine compartment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.