Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been a thread in the past, but I thought with the amount of new members I would put it out there again...

What are the GOOD Campus PD's to work for?

:?:

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Magnum,

Regis is up and coming... I'm there now (strictly part-time) and things have really turned for the better there. Mt. Ida? they don't have any powers? Not a bad place though, my bud works there, but just not for me. Like to be able to use my cuffs, you know... Of course its not a high speed place until the homeboy's show up from off campus which seems to have occurred alot already this year, they really dig the "all girls" school, I wonder why? :shock: But it really is a great place now... the old bat..err I mean the President, finally acknowledged as Police not "Safety". Granted it took a 300+ crowd riot to get there, but I think it was worth it. Lot's of changes are happening. Got a nice letter of commendation on my wall too, (from Weston PD) :lol:

·
Subscribing Member
502 Posts
Ill say

Wentworth
Harvard
Boston U.
Suffolk (Only for Pay though).
A few others, but thats my top 3.5

WHAT department is not on my list????

·
Registered
127 Posts
Good Campus PD's

I would have to say MIT is not a bad department , considering I spent the first three years of my law enforcment career there. Over all the department is run pretty well but the pay and the training is a very attractive for anyone (newbee, retireer, etc).

It was hard for me to leave but I moved (Arizona) to persue my goal of working for a bigger agency and the fact Assachusetts Civil Service is all messed up.

·
Subscribing Member
1,170 Posts
Re: Good Campus PD's

masstoazcop said:
I would have to say MIT is not a bad department , considering I spent the first three years of my law enforcment career there. Over all the department is run pretty well but the pay and the training is a very attractive for anyone (newbee, retireer, etc).

It was hard for me to leave but I moved (Arizona) to persue my goal of working for a bigger agency and the fact Assachusetts Civil Service is all messed up.
We still love Valentino! Yepper MIT is ok. Bridgewater State College though is the BALLS! The pay stinks, but it is liking working in a small town; Chap. 90, making REAL arrests, no boody kissing, just going out and doing the JOB! Yeah man!

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
STATE COLLEGES:

1. Bridgewater State
2. Westfield State
3. Framingham State

STATE UNIVERSITY:

1. UMASS Amherst
2. UMASS Boston
3. UMASS Dartmouth

STATE COMMUNITY:

1. Massasoit
2. Quinsigamond
3. Bunker Hill

PRIVATE:

1. Boston University
2. Harvard
3. Boston College
4. M.I.T.
5. Northeastern

·
Registered
36 Posts
I worked at MIT under the old regime. I understand things are better with the current chief. Lots of details and OT, didn't like the 'hands-off' approach with staff/students and no M/V enforcement so I'm back in municipal. Lot of good people at MIT though and it's a good job if you know what's expected of you.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,712 Posts
fscpd907,

Good List! Really good list! Hard to find any fault at all!
8)

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
I know it's still early, but I can smell the fistfights already over this topic...!!!!

I heard that Harvard U. PD gets paid more than the Staties. True or False?

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,712 Posts
Officer Dunngeon said:
I heard that Harvard U. PD gets paid more than the Staties. True or False?
I'll bet it's true as far as starting base salary!

G

·

We still love Valentino! Yepper MIT is ok. Bridgewater State College though is the BALLS! The pay stinks, but it is liking working in a small town; Chap. 90, making REAL arrests, no boody kissing, just going out and doing the JOB! Yeah man![/quote]

I don't know what this is all about mitpo, but why are you stroking BSCPD so much? I almost got a job there until I found out some of the bad points. Unless things have changed the officers and now the new lieutenants are not allowed to make many discretionary decisions without getting a load of #@!! from your wonderful Captain. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good Campus PD's

Hey, RPD931 can you get your facts straight, the Ida is not a all girl school, it hasn't been since the 80's. Also they get a lot more action than Regis will every see, and they handle it with out the powers. :lol:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
i was hired at mit by chief oliveri...many moons ago! i spent seven years there and it was a great place to work. most of the people were retired sp or bpd/cpd/mdc...great people and i learned much from them.

i worked for "bumble" briefly, but left for my current job: she would not give me a "leave-of-absence" while i was at the spa...lost my retirement and health care for that period.

i don't know what its like to work for difava...he did not effect my day-to-day work environment on this job, but

if the pay and benifits are commensurate to when i was there, then it is a good take. when i was there in the eighties, we were in the top ten highest paid pd's in the commonwealth...so too harvard, bu and bc. get your emt ticket before applying at mit...makes you a more attractive candidate...would help if you already had the academy, too.

·
Subscribing Member
1,170 Posts
Fatty bumba-laddy destroyed the MIT PD. She ruined alot of people and their professional, law enforcement careers. Enter DiFava and the guy has his work cut out for him. There is a little of the "old attitude" there, but a younger influx of people is trying hard to change that; i.e., more real police work and less bum kissing of the community. But, you really can't beat the pay/retirement anywhere in campus law enforcement!

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

jd-25 said:
Hey, RPD931 can you get your facts straight, the Ida is not a all girl school, it hasn't been since the 80's. Also they get a lot more action than Regis will every see, and they handle it with out the powers. :lol:
You need to read my post better... It was referring to Regis as an all girls school. I'm well aware of Mt. Ida being Co-ed... a very good friend of mine attended there... and a good friend of mine works there now...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.