Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya know what's a shame? When people you used to be friends with die so young of such messed up reasons like drugs...granted, I guess that's why we "used" to be friends. He would have turned 26 next week.

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
kttref";p="70143 said:
Ya know what's a shame? When people you used to be friends with die so young of such messed up reasons like drugs...granted, I guess that's why we "used" to be friends. He would have turned 26 next week.
You know Kate, I aint sure whats on the other side once I flat line for the last time so dammit I going to get my moneys worth while I am here I guess. But I do belive God gives life as a gift. I treat it as such, some people dont. Aint nothing you can do----some people dont give a dam as I found out doing my EMT ride alongs in March.

Just remember...........Earl had to die. :p

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Kate,

Everyone chooses a path in life. Some people choose a path we don't want to be affiliated with and that's how they become the "Used to be" friends. The same happens within families.

We all know somebody that is a 'blackeye' to society and when their number is up, you reflect to the "old days" when things were good - when you were best buds and the sadness and sorrow kicks in. But you can't make people change, people have to want to change.

·
Subscribing Member
1,362 Posts
Very well said RPD931 I can see it in my own life with some of the people I’ve known in the past. Now when I see them or hear about them it's like they are two different people the one I remember and the one they have become. And it saddens me to realize this because I start thinking about what could have been and what they could have done in life. But it is their life and it's their choice what to do with it and sometimes all you can do is watch them destroy themselves.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed. There were aspects of his life now that were promising. He just graduating college, was learning martial arts from some head honcho in China...it's too bad.

But you are all right, there is nothing we can do to change the way some people turn out...some "friends" are meant to be just that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.