Weymouth police officer struck working traffic detail | Page 6 | MassCops

Weymouth police officer struck working traffic detail

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by kwflatbed, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Piper

Piper MassCops Member

What is driving me f-ing nuts right now is that most people have no idea about Ptl Davey as "Dead Ted" is soaking up all the media attention.
    Such a shame....he and his family deserve so much more.

2. FRPDConstable

FRPDConstable New Member

RIP. My thoughts and prayers to the friends family and co workers of the Fallen Officer. I am not sure if anything was said on this before seeing this is a large thread by it upsets me that the first words out of the elderly drivers mouth was "i hope they don't take my license for this." I hope you go to jail.. That is just my frustrated opinion. Again RIP and god be with you

3. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

For those that did not attend the Wake Walk through Service and are wondering how it went, It was a great service and a great turnout from both local and distant departments alike.

The few WPD officers I spoke to on my way back to my car were very grateful and thrilled with the turnout.

Kudos to all those that attended.

4. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

What Piper said.

You might not have the coverage, but you have the people that count. Rest well Officer Davey.

5. Mad-Dog24

Mad-Dog24 MassCops Member

I took part in the walk through and feel terrible that more of our brothers and sisters were unable to attend as they were tied up at a memorial service for a drunken, philandering, murderer. I want to projectile vomit every time some reporter interviews some crying retard on the street who thinks Kennedy was a "great" man.

6. GD

GD MassCops Member

Agreed, I just went on various television stations to check regarding services. Not F-ing one!!! It was ok, when it sold papers but know they have "Teddy!!":flipoff:

Edited: I found one !!!BS

7. Trifecta

Trifecta MassCops Member

We all knew how this was going to play out. Now lets stand tall, true, and with honor as one of our fellow brother gave the ultimate sacrafice.

8. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

9. nrml

nrml New Member

Officer Davey, May you rest in eternal peace.

10. Irish Wampanoag

Irish Wampanoag Subscribing Member

I was up in New Hampshire for several days and just found out about this, sorry to hear this

My prayers and sympathy go out to this officers family friends and the Weymouth PD.. RIP brother!!!

11. BLUE BLOOD

BLUE BLOOD ...---...

The service went well, Pipers did a great job as always. Always wish for a bigger turnout but it was good to see those attending.

12. dave7336

dave7336 MassCops Member

I have just came back from the services and was impressed with the support from both his fellow officers and the public in general. Even with lousy weather and all of the rain, Officer Davey received the proper respect that he deserved.

It is a shame that so many other officers were stuck with other things that they were forced to be at (Kennedy, Caribbean Festival, etc..) but even though they were not there physically, Officer Davey's family should rest well knowing that he was in their thought and prayers!!

RIP Brother

13. mr.anttrax

mr.anttrax MassCops Member

RIP Brother.

14. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

People on here are missing the obvious.

Nobody had to "create" Off. Davey's services, they just came naturally.

The Kennedy's was nothing more than an event.

End of story.

15. kwflatbed

The Herald did not like my post or comment to the editor.

Dear kwflatbed,

The following comment has been deleted from our comments section as it does not follow our commenting guidelines (see below):

A true HERO died in Weymouth and your coverage of it STINKS !! Yet you cover Kennedy like he was a king,this is JUNK MEDIA Coverage,not everyone thinks the Kennedys are Gods and all the media print and otherwise has to stop everything else and devote 99% coverage to the Kennedys. How about you tell the true story of the Kennedy clan starting with Bootleger Joe and all of the cover ups that his money has bought for murder,rape,theft etc. it would make for much better reading than the circus you are covering now.

Please be sure to follow the guidelines or we will have to remove your account from our commenting system. Thank you for understanding.

BostonHerald.com Comment guidelines:
    The Boston Herald welcomes thoughts and opinions related to it's articles.
    Please stay on topic and be respectful of others. Keep the conversation appropriate for all interested readers. Privacy Commitment

Thank you again.

- BostonHerald.com Staff

16. GD

GD MassCops Member

I bet she does, 100% pro cop!!!

17. kwflatbed

18. kwflatbed

[​IMG]
    Hundreds of officers, community mourn fallen Weymouth policeman

Posted Aug 29, 2009 @ 03:00 AM
    Last update Aug 30, 2009 @ 11:24 AM

WEYMOUTH —

Police from across the state came together Friday evening to pay their respects to Michael Davey. Weymouth police and fire officials led the procession from the high school to the funeral home, walking in silence to the sound of bagpipes.

Video:

http://www.patriotledger.com/news/x1992057524/Officers-community-mourn-fallen-Weymouth-policeman

19. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

RIP Officer. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends.

20. Piper

Piper MassCops Member

Not sure if any of you were at the grave side portion of the service, but the oddest thing happened. As we were all standing in the pouring rain waiting for the family/friends to walk from their cars to the site, a flock of Canada Geese flew over us and landed nearby in the cemetery. A fellow piper standing next to me counted them (he has a kind of weird "Rainman" number/math thing going on all the time) as they passed over us.
    At the collation an hour or so later he noted the WPD guys all wore "20"s on their uniforms as that was Ptl Davey's badge #. Interestingly enough, that was the exact # of geese that passed over us as the service was getting ready to start.

21. kwflatbed

Censorship !!!

Hey Harry - forward that to Michelle McPhee and see if she bites...

It has been posted to her facebook site.

Login | Facebook

22. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Not sure if any of you were at the grave side portion of the service, but the oddest thing happened.

Hey piper.

formation out in front of the church was dismissed after the last car pulled away.

from what i understand it was family , friends and WPD at the cemetery. which is fine,. i'm sure the family wanted their privacy .

you guys sounded great. Caissons was a nice touch . heard "going home" after the funeral , but what did you guys play when everyone first entered the church ?

23. Piper

Piper MassCops Member

Highland Cathederal,
    it's real pretty

24. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

thank you !

you guys sounded great even with all that rain.

it was good to see everybody paying their respects.

despite the media circus going on elsewhere that day the people that really count like Officer Michael Davey was laid to rest with honor and dignity.

25. Simon

Simon Guest