Weymouth police officer struck working traffic detail | Page 5 | MassCops

Weymouth police officer struck working traffic detail

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by kwflatbed, Aug 24, 2009.

1. OCKS

OCKS Guest

RIP Brother.

2. Kappa

Kappa New Member

RIP Officer Davey. Thoughts and prayers to his family and Weymouth PD

3. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

4. new guy

new guy Subscribing Member

RIP, Officer Davey.

5. SPINMASS

SPINMASS Subscribing Member

RIP Ofc Davey, my thoughts and prayers go out to the Davey family. While I may never have had the pleasure of meeting ofc Davey, the pain is no less for a fallen brother.

6. Robert35

Robert35 Subscribing Member

"Fidelis Ad Mortem"

7. lofu

lofu Subscribing Member

RIP Ofc. Davey. May his family and friends at WPD find comfort in the support of those of us who can truly understand the pain the they feel.

8. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

God bless, Rest in peace....

9. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

RIP Officer Davey. May God welcome you to your well-deserved place in heaven. My thoughts and prayers with you, your family and Weymouth PD...

10. Cypher_Shibboleth

Cypher_Shibboleth MassCops Member

RIP, Officer Davey.

My prayers go out for your soul and for your family!

11. Big.G

Big.G In Tactical Mode....

R.I.P., Sir. You, your family and WPD are in my thoughts and prayers.

12. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

A profoundly sad day, week, and lifetime... for all involved.

I am without comprehension of what the Davey family must now forever endure.

I am equally not without empathy for what the Gale's extended family must also live with, for eternity.

"But for the Grace of God", if it were my 79 year old father who was responsible for such a preventable and unforgivable loss of life, I surely would bear some guilt by my own inaction.

Knowing, deep down that we probably all could do more (sooner) to safeguard those family members "in-question" by convincing them to give up their licenses, even if one of them (like Mr. Gale) has had a flawless driving record since the age of 16.

That one tragic, and irreversible collision could, and did happen in this case, unfortunately before someone chose to burden themselves with another loved one's diminished independence.

With new, elderly driver testing or not, we all need to look ourselves in the mirror and do what is right regarding the hard issues and liabilities of our loved ones on the roads everywhere.

13. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

Godspeed, Officer Mike Davey.. End of Watch, June 24, 2009. May he rest in peace knowing that his brothers and sisters in Massachusetts will take care of his family and let them know that he won't be forgotten.

Weymouth is my hometown so I too feel this one; in fact, I grew up only a couple of blocks from where this tragedy happened. I used to see Mike's Dad around town when I was still trying to get on the job back there; he was always a good guy too. I wish I were able to attend the services with you guys and be able to pay my respects properly.

If there is going to be some type of fund for his family, I hope someone posts it here so the Masscops Community can help.

14. Kem25

Kem25 New Member

Donations in Mike's memory may be made to the Michael P. Davey Childrens Fund c/o South Shore Savings Bank, 88 Pleasant St., South Weymouth, MA 02190.

15. Piper

Piper MassCops Member

RIP Ptl Davey.

I promise the Band will do right by you and your family this weekend.

16. kwflatbed

17. Robert35

Robert35 Subscribing Member

Please Post

Wake and Funeral Arrangements for Weymouth Police Officer Michael Davey
    Wake: McDonalds Funeral Home
    Main St (Route 18), Weymouth
    Friday, August 28th, 2009
    4pm-8pm
    Law Enforcement Walk By at 6pm
    BPD Staging area will be the parking lot of Mary Lou’s Coffee (Rt 18) house at 5:30pm
    Funeral: St. Francis of Xavier Church
    Pleasant St, Weymouth
    Saturday, August 29th, 2009
    10am

18. celticsfan

celticsfan MassCops Member

Does anyone have info on the benefit fund? I called WPD and they were supposed to FAX the info, but have got nothing all day. I guess they are getting a lot of calls.

Edit: Nevermind, that was what was posted. Should have read closer.

19. ppaauull

ppaauull New Member

Staging area is listed wrong. Staging area for both wake and funeral is at Weymouth High School, Pleasant St.

20. mpr4601

mpr4601 MassCops Member

RIP Brother.

21. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I am honored that I and about a dozen of my co-workers have volunteered to provide patrol coverage for Weymouth for the last-half shift of Friday into Saturday, and an equal number have volunteered to provide coverage for the Saturday day shift, so every WPD member can attend the wake and funeral.

Kudos also to the MSP for providing coverage for the evening shifts of Friday and Saturday....whatever we can do to support our brother and sister officers, we're going to do it.

22. mikey742

mikey742 Subscribing Member

That is great why to stick together!!

23. 51st MPOC#110

51st MPOC#110 MassCops Member

24. HospitalCop74

HospitalCop74 New Member

My heart goes out to his family.....It's a shame to lose such a young officer. Rest in peace my brother....The lord needs you to command his legion of angels in heaven....You will be missed.

25. kwflatbed

Losing a fellow police officer is rare but devastating

By Allison Manning
    The Patriot Ledger
    Posted Aug 28, 2009 @ 04:10 AM

WEYMOUTH —

It is rare, but it can devastate a department.
    When a police officer dies in the line of duty – something that has happened locally only a few times in the last decade – the loss reverberates through the ranks.
    “It is traumatic, and it’s the same as a family losing a family member,” Medfield police Detective John Geary said. “That’s exactly what it is.”
    Nine years ago, Medfield police lost officer Daniel McCarthy when he was struck by a car as he worked a construction detail. McCarthy, 38, left behind a wife and five young children.
    This week, the Weymouth Police Department is struggling with its own loss. Officer Michael Davey was fatally injured Monday in an accident involving three vehicles as he directed traffic on West Street.
    Davey, a 34-year-old Iraq war veteran, was married and the father of three children.

Full Story

Losing a fellow police officer is rare but devastating - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger

Police walk-by planned for Weymouth officer’s wake Friday

Posted Aug 28, 2009 @ 03:35 AM