Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for info on Westport PD. Anyone work for them or used to work for them wish to share some info on the dept.? Thanks, Steve

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
Steve I meet an Officer from Westport P.D at a union convention a few weeks ago and asked him the same question. He said he loved it there and it was a good place to work.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats good to here, i have an interview with them next week for a reserve position(first time appling/first interview) so im trying to get as much info on any type of questions they may ask.

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Westport is a very political town with the board of selectmen wanting to run everything.
Most of the guys that are on as regulars stay.
Most all reserves stay unless they get a chanch at full time in another town.
The Chief and Deputy Chief are both good guys to work for.
As far as the questions go I realy can't help you there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do they work their reserves? do they go out and patrol on their own like other towns? or are the riding with a full timer?

·
Registered
225 Posts
thats good to here, i have an interview with them next week for a reserve position(first time appling/first interview) so im trying to get as much info on any type of questions they may ask.
Learn to spell first, you don't want one of the Westport guys on this board to see your 6th grade spelling. Invest in a few courses at the 4Cs.

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
Kwflatbed wrote:
Westport is a very political town with the board of selectmen wanting to run everything.

In other words its like any other town.

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Not always a quiet town

Woman's Body Found Along Road In Westport

POSTED: 11:59 am EDT October 17, 2005
UPDATED: 12:18 pm EDT October 17, 2005

WESTPORT, Mass. -- The body of a 42-year-old woman was found early Monday morning along the side of a road in Westport.

Bristol County District Attorney Paul Walsh said the body of Suzanna Alvarado was discovered along Route 88 near Interstate 195.

Alvarado was from Fall River.

Walsh said no determination has been made at this time on the cause, means or manner of death.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow, I did not see that yet. Anyways tomorrow is the interview, I think im pretty well prepared, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I also hear from people that work for Westport that it is a great place to work for.. I dealt with the Deputy Chief for in service and he was very helpful seems like a great person.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kwflatbed said:
Any word on your interview ???
well I went last tuesday and I think I did pretty good for a first time. I have not heard anything back yet, hoping sometime this week. It was a great learning experience whether I get it or not, I really learned a lot about the process.:thumbup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got a call tonight from a Sgt. He had good news and bad news. He said that they could not offer me the job as a reserve due to a new law being pass in Ma. stating you must be 21 years old to be a P.O., but they wanted to offer me a job as a dispatcher. Im pretty happy about it as I expected that law to fubar my plans, at least I know i did good on the interview. Thanks for all the help guys

·
Registered
102 Posts
congratulations on getting your foot in the door as well. Westport pretty quiet town for the most part i beleive there most recent incident was the female on rt88 that was found dead.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.