Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Yeah, THAT GUY!
2,731 Posts
Whoever wrote it did not watch the video where the field reporter referred to them as campus police officers. Attention to detail editors!

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
What ? attention to details..these people will lie, misuse or fabricate anything they can to make Cops look bad...example...I think its Fox25 with that dickhead vb...they were talking about the clip of the Police Officers picketting at the road detail in Woburn...so one of them says " look at that officer with his bars on his collar , who wears their bars off duty " the other says " obviously in an attempt to intimidate the flagmen and others " I watched the clip again and notice that off duty Officer in question clearly had an Under Armor shirt on and it was the symbol on the collar..did they bother to retract their ignorant statements..no..I emailed them a scorching email and never got a reply..

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,592 Posts
Wentworth DOES have security guards as well as cops, WERE they cops or guards. I heard the story briefly but never really saw or heard the details. In this case, if it WAS cops, hell, let the media call 'em guards and maybe the COPS will be able to live this disgrace down a little faster.

If they were employed as cops and they are guilty, then in my opinion they were never really cops in the first place, just thieves who got a job and ruined it.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
"If they were employed as cops and they are guilty, then in my opinion they were never really cops in the first place, just thieves who got a job and ruined it."

I totally agree with you.

·
18,592 Posts
Many years ago there was a TV movie about the Depositors Trust robbery that starred Edward Asner (sorry, he's a lousy liberal, but overall, I like the guy's acting) and he plays a guy out to catch the crooks. I believe it was based on "The Cops Were Robbers". At the end he makes a great speach about how these were NOT cops, just common criminals in a police uniform.

I've always let a lot slide with cops, cops are human and have every right to make mistakes as anyone else and I also have never had a problem with the occassional freebie. I very much offer to pay, but I will not argue too much with someone being nice. I'll just leave a nice tip.

But those who deliberately commit real crimes, especially more than once, are nobodies in my book and I'd be very happy to see them bounced off the job and into a cell. I believe in protecting your own, but you gotta know the difference between being a rat and being a solid honest cop.

Harassing cops over piddly crap is wrong and disgraceful, but the other extreme of allowing felonies is even more disgraceful.

Sorry to spout off like that.

·
Registered
150 Posts
"Campus Police" are not real cops, but just security guards. Real police work for a town or the state.
Judging by your comment, I'd probably guess you work at a Mobil station and recently had a run in with a campus police officer?

Anyway, I guess YOU would not categorize me as a "real cop" since I work for a LARGE CITY but... I will say most of these guys are real police and I can't speak for all schools but a large majority of the ones I have visited...those guys know what they're doing. I have been to a few schools and wondered if a few of the guys have even been trained but most were good guys.

Umass Dartmouth PD is a great department... I deal with those guys pretty often and they've never been anything short of knowledgeable, stand up COPS!

Allied Barton and Securitas... those are security guards... you can tell by most of their employees' demeanor...

·
18,592 Posts
Come on now guys, let's give countryboy a break. Since he joined in 2005 he hasn't been thanked even once, has no rep power and has nothing but little red squares where rest of us have green. (what do those mean anyway?) He's just throwing a tantrum and we should just give him a hug instead of ragging on him. He's obviously a social misfit and personally, I feel bad for him.:sad:

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
not you Lawman, I was referring to this...

07-12-2007
countryboy

MassCops Member
MassCops Officer

Re: Armed Boston Special Police Officer
You can not take most of the people on here seriously, the site is becoming a joke. There is no brotherhood here, everyone thinks they are more of a cop then the other person. I come on here just for a laugh, and I am not trying to offend the ones who come on here and try to either share there knowledge or are looking for advice, but the ones who just bash on people are the ones that are bringing this site down. I really have to laugh when people come on here and rip people apart because of the grammar. I mean come on, is this english class?? Who the F--k cares about grammar on a online message board. Your instigating people when you bash them for that. In this profession we have enough people against us in the law enforcement field, we need to start respecting one another rather than creating enemies.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.