Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my own car, while driving to work the other night I see a ladder truck and a police car oncomming, lightbars activated... I pull over and STOP... and the woman in the car behind me clips my bumper. She gets out of her car and starts yelling at me for "causing an accident" when all I did was what was required by law. She actually said, "Yes I saw the fire truck and police, well there was no reason for you to stop, you weren't in their way." No injuries, but I called the local police anyway... she told me she was going to get right in her car and drive away. Heh, I shouldn't have argued with her, I should have just told her politely one time not to leave, and then tell the responding units that she left the scene... but no, I had to tell her that she couldn't just drive away from an accident.

Why is it so friggin' difficult for people to just pull the hell over?

And no, the lady didn't have insurance either, and was on her cell phone at the time. She told the that she was watching the firetruck and not the road in front of her when she struck my bumper.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
People suck. I "chased" (within the speed limit) a guy that failed to stop after I activated my blue lights and siren. I was originally stopping him for a minor traffic violation (fail to use directionals - it was late at night and I was huntin' for pesky drunks :lol: ). I got behind almost immediately after he made the violation and activated my blues and he continued driving not even pulling to the right slightly. After about a 10th of a mile I then activated my siren as well... he continued on his way. At this point I thought for sure I had another OUI so I start to call it in. About a half mile the subject enters the neighboring town and still driving along (within speed limit). After about another 10th of a mile he finally stops.

NOT drunk!
When I asked why he didn't stop he replied: "because there was no one else on the road, you could've gone around me." WTF :shock:

Me: "You do know you're required to pull right and stop for emergency vehicles, right?".

Dumbass: "Yes sir, but there was a wide open road."

Me:"how long did it take you to realize I was stopping you?"

Dumbass: "not long, but you caught me off guard, I didn't know what to do" (WTF?)

Me: "How about pull over? You could be subject to arrest for failure to stop for a police Officer you know."

Dumbass: "well, I didn't know you were stopping me?"
(I then looked both directions - pitch black on a boonie road, nobody else around)
"License and Reg"

I issue a cite, then he asks "Is there anyway you can change this to a warning?"

Me: "Yep, If I lock your ass up"

Dumbass: "Well I don't want that. There's no way you'll fix it?"

Me: "NO!, I'm done with your bullshit, You're in XXXXfield now. BYE!"

The nerve of some people! And you wonder why so many PO's are getting killed in MVA's. Because these assholes don't pull over when there are lights and sirens behind or in front of them.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That guy had some nerve asking "is there anyway you can change this to a warning" after you just had to deal with his shit. :x

Sounds like the same asshole I watched once in a cruiser cam playback... the retard actually stuck his hand out the window and waved the officer around him. The difference is, that lobotomy patient WAS drunk.

Inevitably, these are the same s***heads who bitch and whine when it takes "too long" for you to respond.

·
Subscribing Member
228 Posts
I blame it on all these TV lawyer dramas, everyone thinks their a lawyer and know the law cause they saw it on TV "I know my rights" is the famous phrase. Of course they still seem to go to jail.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What really gets me is, "I'm a go to college for criminal justice!" or "My best friend's, cousin's, mother's boyfriend is a paralegal, and you can't come in here (talk to me like that) (take that) (read that) (look in there)! I have rights!"

Usually that's followed with, "You're entirely correct," click, click, "you have the right to remain silent..."

Heh, or worse....

"How old are you; do you have any ID on you at all?"
"I don't have to tell you anything. I have the right to remain silent."
:x :shock:

It used to be I'd see that with people in the 16-25 crowd, usually at parties or clubs... now you have these asshole 30-40 y.o. motorists telling you that you "don't need to shine that bright light in my eyes" :cry:

One motorist here in New Hampshire wrote a letter to the editor complaining that the state trooper who stopped him called him by his given name when he was stopped for speeding, and that he demanded to be called "Sir" or "Mr. Smith, sir."

Off topic... a girl I used to date was a dispatcher in a small town department here in NH, and a DWI actually drove into the station parking lot and struck her parked car... he then comes into the station house to exchange information... what an Einstein.

G

·
I issue a cite, then he asks "Is there anyway you can change this to a warning?"

Me: "Yep, If I lock your ass up"

Dumbass: "Well I don't want that. There's no way you'll fix it?"

Me: "NO!, I'm done with your bullshit, You're in XXXXfield now. BYE!"

Good punch line "Yep, If I lock your ass up!!!!

You should have locked him up just so he could always remember you when he saw blue lights and maybe he would then learn to pullover the next time. But hey who are we kidding he will probally do it again the next night!!!

Good Work Stay Safe!!!!!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
JoninNH";p="71026 said:
Sounds like the same asshole I watched once in a cruiser cam playback... the retard actually stuck his hand out the window and waved the officer around him. The difference is, that lobotomy patient WAS drunk.
On Long Island they were having a lot of fake police pulling people over etc...so the local news (NYC) decided to tell people that if they suspect the officer is not a real sworn officer to pull over and wave him by...if they don't go by then to call 911 and pull into a gas station where there could be witnesses....just in case you're wondering why people wave officers around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.