Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I had to go and do a job "up north" for NCIS and look for part of an IED used to try to take out an oil platform. In the 9 days i was gone i missed my daughters first birthday, my daughters 1st birthday party and one of my daughters first steps. I will also be away during mothers day. Now it's not like i can go home and be there but i can't even call. I can't help but feel that the affect of me being gone for 3 years and not in my family's lives (especially my daughters) is having a detrimental effect. I really feel like i will loose my family while finishing out my tenure in the military. All i want to do is come home to my wife and children thats it, followed closely by a career as a police officer. I just hope i have a family to come home to.

As some of you are probably asking yourself "why the hell is he telling me this" and "why the hell am i reading this"? I am writing this cause as you and i know, that any dedicated police officer makes many sacrifices trying to keep the family together. I know this cause my father recently retired from Norfolk. It is a true art to juggle a family and a career in LE. Another reason i am writing this is because all you dedicated profesionals who are trying to keep a family and be the disciplined professional that the job requires are also keeping my family safe. That is a sacrifice that all of you make everyday, I truly appreciate what all of you do. I just hope that when i get on the job that I can return the same to others. Yet another reason i am writing is because all of you do what you do everyday- and alot of you have been in the military. You are also from my home state. I feel like not to many people can actually relate, my wife and sisters certainly can't and since i am the only person i work with who is from MA and wants to be a police officer who better than all of you!

I am by no means complaining I was fully aware of what i was getting into 8 years ago when i enlisted. However i see the effect of me being gone on my wife and children and it hurts and i have a long 2+ years left. I have seen some funky stuff between Iraq and Afganistan and i have 2 years left over here. But i already have the next stage of my life "in the works" but it doesn't start for 2 years. Alot of you have been in my shoes so I guess i am just looking for some support or something.

WELL ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SACRIFICES THAT ALL OF YOU MAKE EVERYDAY!

·
Registered
968 Posts
EOD....keep your chin up brother....everything works out in the end. Your family will be extremely proud of what you are doing. I never served in the military, but my grandfathers and father did. My dad was Air Force during Vietnam, My grandfather on my dad's side was Army during the Korean War in which he returned wounded from a mine and later passed away and my grandfather on my mother's side was a Marine in World War 2...he served as a machine gunner with the 6th marine division. These men along with yourself and the others who are over there dedicate time in their/your life in which you/they sacrifice family and career so that all of us can carry on here. I appreciate you and all the other men/women over there with you and I can also bet that your children will be proud. The things you are doing right now will make a differance in the future for all our children and as a Father of a little girl and boy....I thank you. Keep Safe and God Bless!

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bro! Between all the political grief saying how wrong it is -what we are doing over here, and that really negative article about Pat Tillman. It hard to feel good about what you are doing when the people you are doing it for critcizes the hell outta you.. Whicj is why i wrote the post because who else would understand the public talking badly about your job even though you protect them then peope in the Criminal Justice field!

G

·
I served during the last Gulf War, before I had a family. Now that I have a wife and two small kids I can't imagine having to be away from them for any length of time. I think the criticisms of the war are from a minority. Most people really appreciate the sacrifices that you men and women are making over there. I know I do.
Keep up the great job!

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
Stay tough and keep the faith. Don't listen to those assholes because those that matter are behind you. Rather fight the ******** over there then here and if anyone thinks we wouldn't be fighting them here, they are naive morons. Keep your head down and good luck...

·
Registered
561 Posts
EOD,

Never having been in the service myself, I have never been in your shoes nor could I begin to imagine how hard it would be to leave my family for such an extended period of time. But for what it's worth, I want to sincerely say thank you for your sacrifices, and thank you for everything that you are doing overseas for our country.

Stay safe,
-Mike

·
Registered
142 Posts
:thumbup: two thumbs up for EOD and the rest of our troops overseas !!!!
EOD, although it is very difficult on you and your family right now, rest assured that your service is invaluable and we appreciate what you are doing for the United States.
You will NOT lose your family by being away for an extended period of time. your family understands that being away for so long is not your choice and they know that you love them. they WILL be there for you and are proud of you.
As your daughter gets older she will also understand why you had to go. Your daughter will also be very proud of you for standing up and stepping to the plate when it mattered the most. You are helping to make her world a safer place.
Remember, when you feel that your'e at the end of your rope, tie a big knot in it and hang on. The people of America support you, respect you and are grateful to you.
Your family feels even more so. On behalf of my family - I thank you
if you ever need someone to shoot the breeze with and don't want it for all to read -
please pm me. although i don't know you, i will be there for you as you are for others
You and the rest of our troops are top shelf in my book

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.