Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as many of you know i have had back surgery in april. Which hasn't ruled out me becoming a LEO in MA by its self. However on June 13th i re-injured myself. I have only been to lousy sick call PA's and they just give me motrin and tell me to keep my follow up appointment w/ my ortho-spine surgeon. I know the pain I am feeling, I felt it for a damn year+! The Physical Rehabilitation Doctor told me that she said that from what she can tell i either fractured a vertebrae or herniated my disc again. From what i gather is that the navy is not granting a third period of Limited Duty, so if i did anything to my back that required me to stay on LIMDU i am getting medically booted from the military. But my concern is that i herniated my disc again. If that is the case then I am most definately getting medically discharged/retired, but i if i injured the same disc (L4-L5) then they most likely will have to replace my disc or fuse my spine in that spot. That pretty much makes me medically ineligible for law enforcement (@ least in MA). Hell that makes me a workmans comp case waiting to happen.

I hate this waiting game. I am going to my ortho-spine surgeon appointment on tuesday. I am hoping he is going to do am MRI and X-Ray, @ least that way i would know. Of Course it takes 2-3 weeks to get an MRI scheduled any way so more friggin waiting!

this is really friggin screwing my life up.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Jake - I'm so sorry to hear you're not any better! I was thinking about you because I did something to my back last week and it hurts like hell...I can't believe you're still hurt, that's horrible! I hope you start feeling some relief sometime soon! Take care down there!

Kate

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Jake are you going to stay down in VA or are you coming back to MA?
When you find out for sure and befor you have the fusion done contact me depending on what they find I might be able to tell you about another option
that has helped me.
Harry

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I will be in VA for @least another year until my lease runs out. but for the most part it depends on what the hell is wrong with me.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
Dude!!!!!

I told you you're headed for a PEB and the boot on the backside! PM me and I'll try to help you out.
:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.