Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know what is going on with Webster PD. I know that they are having problems, but I hear it is getting worse out there. Just about everyone is under investigation. Do you think the department is going to go though the same thing that Spencer had to do, revamp the whole PD, and let State take over? What is going on out there?

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
I don't know if what happened in Spencer will happen in Webster, especially that Webster is a civil service department. SPencer was non civil service. THe problems in Webster is focused on only a few people.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Compared to 6-12 months ago, Webster has been on the path of stablization. The problems were only between the Chief, Dep. Chief, a Sgt., and a patrol officer. At this point the Chief has taken an early retirement (hmm i wonder why?), the Sgt. is going through stress management and their trying to get rid of the Deputy. It is just basically one big mess that made about 14 headlines a day. It will take a good 5 years before they come back to normal but I dont believe the state will interfere because new management is in the process of taking place.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's unfortunate . A lot of good people there. Once every little issue is handled thru the media your going to have problems.

·
Registered
46 Posts
DDowd-

Are you a PO in Charlton?...If so i'm applying for the aux. po positions. Seems like a squared away dept from what i hear...charlton that is.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Worcester PD to assist Webster

Worcester police offer crisis aid to Webster force

Jean Laquidara Hill
T&G STAFF

WEBSTER- Worcester police officers will assist police in this town, at no expense to Webster, if the town experiences an extreme incident beyond its capabilities.

Selectmen approved the one-way aid agreement this week at the request of Sgt. William J. Keefe, who is the acting police chief. He told selectmen that the agreement provides for Worcester to pay its own officers when they assist in this town.

"It's just a resource in case we ever have a disaster and need extra personnel," Sgt. Keefe told selectmen at the board's meeting Monday.

He said yesterday that the Worcester police SWAT team, crisis intervention team or riot control officers would provide assistance in the event of a major incident where such resources would help quell the problem.

The assistance is also being made to other area towns, including Charlton, which also has accepted the offer; and Dudley, where the offer is awaiting selectmen's consideration.

Dudley police Chief Steven J. Wojnar said he is advising selectmen to accept Worcester's offer.

"It's free, it's extra protection and it's really a no-brainer as far as extra assistance goes," Chief Wojnar said yesterday. "They have a number of resources we could use in a small town. Their central location and the vast resources they have is nothing but a bonus for us."

While not part of the proposed agreement, Chief Wojnar said, he would send Dudley officers to Worcester if a situation arose there that required additional officers.

In other police matters, Sgt. Keefe told selectmen he is in the process of hiring a new secretary for the Police Department. The former secretary, Lee Olmstead, retired last summer after police Chief Richard E. Bergeron was placed on administrative leave in mid-July. He has since retired. Mrs. Olmstead was also executive secretary to Paul J. Minarik, who was the police chief before Chief Bergeron.

Because of accumulated compensatory time and other owed time, Mrs. Olmstead's employment just expired, leaving the position officially open and the budget item available to be paid to a new employee.

Sgt. Keefe told selectmen he has been doing the secretary's duties in the interim, and said most people do not realize how much there is to that job.

He said he has received a "vast number of resumes" as a result of advertising to fill the job, and he hopes to fill the position by the end of this month.

In addition to being without a secretary and a police chief, the Webster Police Department is missing two supervisors from active duty. The deputy chief and one sergeant are on paid administrative leave.

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
Typical of this shitburg, finding out what's going on concerning my job through the paper....

That's great, now when Webster calls out the team I get to race down 290 in my POV with my hazards on... I just pray noone makes fun of me like that LEC dude going to the Quincy thingy.. My feelings would be hurt......

Seriously though, why? I'm a team player and more than willing to help out a fellow cop but... Wouldn't this just make a triplication(??) of services? CEMLEC and STOP, now Worcester SWAT providing services for Worcester CO.... OTOH.... Man oh man this could be great. No more humping bs calls. Call outs everywhere. Maybe I'll even get my own take home car (hope it runs)..... Yahoooo!!!! Oh yah-- :roll: .....

Nice idea I guess, but not feasible.. Way too much time to gear up and get on scene... Ooooooo, wait, not unless they make us County police.. Bwaaa haaah hahahaha... Thought the troopers would like that one....

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
Dane said:
Good one, Deuce. I hear your helicopter is on order to expedite your ride. :D
Super cool man, I can't wait to fast rope down on some poor mope in one of our numerous triple deckers(they're always on the third floor..always).. And then, and then, SPIE rig out to 'Volkerys Ride' (something like that)......

What I really want to know is what "vast resources"????? What the Hell does he know that I don't??? Chief Wojnar says it's free.... Ummmmm.. Who's paying me to work out of the city then? I don't do anything for free for Worcester so an out of town gig pro bono ain't happenin'.. Worcester hates paying me to work for them, I really don't see Hoover picking up the tab playing in Dudley or elsewhere.... Any of you boys down in Dudley wanna come here and play, helpa youself.. Just a warning, the animals are a little different here, just takes some time to get used to them....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oh don't you worry there Deuce...we deal with those animals on a daily basis....they're called "people from Webster" :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If Worcester is going to be helping out, how long is this going to last? Do you think State may take over?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.