Wearable Robots Help Paralyzed Warriors Walk Again | MassCops

Wearable Robots Help Paralyzed Warriors Walk Again

Discussion in 'Military News' started by kwflatbed, Dec 30, 2011.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

• [​IMG]
      Ekso Bionics
      This robotic exoskeleton -- developed by the defense department to create supersoldiers -- could allow the paralyzed to walk.
    Walking is one of the many things in life that most of us take for granted. Now, for those who can’t, a technological marvel could prove miraculous.
    A Defense Department program to develop super-strong soldiers has led to a wearable robot that enables paraplegics to walk.
    At 10 leading rehab facilities from Honolulu to Atlanta, Ekso Bionics' Iron Man-style exoskeletons have been quietly tested over the past year, to resounding success.

Simply put, the exoskeleton is a wearable robot that allows a wheelchair user to stand up and walk. It could be a game-changer not only for wounded warriors with spinal cord injuries, but for people with multiple sclerosis, Guillain-Barre syndrome, lower extremity weakness or paralysis due to neurological disease or spinal injury.

Read more: Wearable Robots Help Paralyzed Warriors Walk Again | Fox News

2. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

That's great and all, but were they basically trying to build terminators when they adapted it to this?

3. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

This... Is the exact type of company I'd buy if I won the lottery. Couldn't be any more specific than this right here...

4. Josh

Josh New Member

Unfortunately 99% of injured troops will never see this due to costs involved. There are a few friends I've served with coming back from afghanistan that are given substandard prosthetics due to the costs involved. You'll see an article here and there or a news clip about theses new ands exciting advances but very few end up trickling down to the actual soldiers ands Marines.