Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been posted before but how do you get the print out of active warrants in my town from the LEAPS terminal?

Thanks

·
Subscribing Member
1,442 Posts
MPD said:
I know this has been posted before but how do you get the print out of active warrants in my town from the LEAPS terminal?

Thanks
Open excel. Then choose open. Choose file type any. Then a list of files will come up. The files are by date. Choose the most recent date. After opening the file choose next several times to convert file then choose finished. The list will now be in excel format.
The list is updated weekly.

Happy Hunting.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Does anyone have the instructions on how to export the list to a disk? On the new computer you cannot open excel, so I cannot print out the list anymore.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I believe you can not save the file to disk as the floppy is disabled on the State's LEAPS terminals. You would need the administrator password to use it (the floppy).

At my Dept. , We just open the excel file, sort it by Town (our Town) and cut out the rest including really old warrants. We also cut out many of the columns and just make a list with name, address, Straight or Default and most notable charge.

Actually we have a dispatcher who does this twice a month. She just prints out a master copy on the slowwwww, Okidata LEAPS printer and makes photocopies for patrol.

p.s.
If anyone does know the admin password...pleeeeeeeeeease pm me (he he)

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
Pinkos307 said:
Is this just for a list of warrants or can you do this for stolen vehicles also?
Ill look it up tomorow. Theres a way to query a lot of lists. We've done non-returned plates before, whether SUS or whatever....

·
Subscribing Member
1,362 Posts
QHOT is the message key that will give you a list of all active stolen and felony vehicle, stolen license plats, and stolen parts entered since midnight of the current day.

QHOT 1 will give you the same list just 1 day prior to the current day
QHOT 2 will give you the same list just 2 days prior to the current day
QHOT 3 will give you the same list just 3 days prior to the current day

And so on and so on up till QHOT 9 prior
This will be sent to the printer only.

Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts