Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They claim they have gotten rid of late fees....but in reality they have just changed the name to a "restocking fee"!!!!

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
Restocking Fee?

Humm
I just inquired about this yesterday when renting.
Heres what they said
No "late" fee
after 7 days late, they charge your CC on file the price of the movie. You have 21 more days to return it, and they *may refund you.

If you return 2-day rentals after 1 day, they credit you $1 for next rental.

I havent tested out the 7 day thing, but I did get a credit last week, and returned a movie 4 days late and there was no fee's.

Blockbusters are Indipendantly O+O, so I supposed they can choose not to take part in some promotions.

·
Registered
372 Posts
NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Blockbuster Inc. announced Tuesday it is abolishing late fees on all its video tapes, DVDs and video games as of Jan. 1.

The world's largest video rental company will still have due dates for their rental products -- one week for games and two days or one week for movies, depending on whether it's a new release.

But customers will be given a one-week grace period after that to return the product. After that grace period ends, the chain will automatically sell them the product, less the rental fee. If the customers don't want to purchase the movie or game, they can return the product within 30 days for a credit, less a restocking fee.

I think that fee is $1.50 So you basically get stuck with a $1.50 late fee, I guess that's an improvement over when they'd charge you every day it was late. Still shady sounding though.

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
No it's called them scrambling because they are getting spanked by net flix and net flix's other company that does the games.

Blockbuster knows that they are done. Just like they did to all of the mom and pop video stores.

It's called Kharma biting you in the a$$!

Scott :rock:

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
Good point SAPD. Internet companys allow us the comsumers another choice on where out dollar goes. And allows us to spank companys that stick it to us. Although sometimes the internet destroys brick and mortars that dont deserve it, like local train and hobby stores.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
SAPD";p="54933 said:
...It's called Kharma biting you in the a$$!!
100% Correct! :spank:

Netflix is awesome...
No time limit, when your done, put it in the self-seal envelope and send it in it's way... 3 Days later, new movie in your mailbox.
:lol:

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
stm4710";p="54971 said:
Good point SAPD. Internet companys allow us the comsumers another choice on where out dollar goes. And allows us to spank companys that stick it to us. Although sometimes the internet destroys brick and mortars that dont deserve it, like local train and hobby stores.
Yeah i now it kinda sucks. Isn't Charles RO still in business in malden?
The other thing about bigbox internet retail is that they only have overhead for the employees of just one building but have the stock of a huge chain. No shipping costs to individual stores that they'd have to rape you with. I like touching a product as soon as I buy it but you can't beat the net pricewise on anything.

Scott :rock:

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
By the way, when you "purchase" your late video/DVD, you may be forced to pay upwards of $100 for it. When new releases come out for rent, places like Blockbuster pay a very inflated price for them, becuase the videos are not available for purchase by the general public.

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
Yes Charles Ro is still there. That is just merely store front for his USA trains G scale factory out back. But he and the internet is killing small guys like Moose Minatures in Rowley who offer prodcuts from small manufactuers. :?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.