Wanted: Bulletproof Vest | MassCops

Wanted: Bulletproof Vest

Discussion in 'Police Duty Gear For Sale / Wanted' started by Michaelems, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Michaelems

Michaelems New Member

Hello,

I am starting the academy next Saturday (April 25, 2015) and I was curious if someone has an expired vest that no one is using? I am an extra-large shirt and I stand at about 5'11".

Thanks for your consideration,
    Mike

2. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Bulletproof vest? No such thing...it's a media misnomer.

You're looking for soft body armor. If you haven't already, I would contact the agency that is sponsoring you for the academy to see if they have an extra that you may be able to borrow for the duration of the academy. You'll want to make sure that whatever threat level vest you get (II, IIA, or IIIA) covers the handgun caliber that you are using as a weapon (at minimum). I don't have a vest for sale but am throwing that out there for you. Good luck.

militia_man, zm88 and GARDA like this.
  3. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

some AFSME environmental services staff at a certain state university in eastern New York don't believe officers need them because they don't do real police work.

4. Michaelems

Michaelems New Member

Disregard this posting for the body armor. My agency won't sign off on the 20 hour firearm block in the academy.

5. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

Just curious but how in the fuck is that gonna work...What academy are you attending where you can go but not complete all the training?

6. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

The reserve academy. The 20hr firearms training isn't mandatory.

7. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

You might want to think twice about joining that agency.

sharpie98 and william like this.