Wanted: Ballistic Vest | MassCops

Wanted: Ballistic Vest

Discussion in 'Police Duty Gear For Sale / Wanted' started by shagle69, Feb 26, 2011.

1. shagle69

shagle69 New Member

Hi all i'm looking for someone who is willing to donate at least 1 maybe 2 ballistics vests. Myself and another gentleman recently got hired by a town in central MA and are ready to start our field training but the town forgot to budget for the cost of vests. We currently have no extra vests and we won't be getting any until at least June. Thats why i'm pleading to the MASS COPS community for a donation. So anyone who can donate 1 or 2 vests would be much appreciated. Any info can be e-mail to [email protected]

2. ExtraMedium

ExtraMedium MassCops Member

Do you guys have a union?!?! That is ridiculous. Most vests expire after 5 years of wear and tear... check Galls for some cheap ones (not that I recommend cheap vests), but something is better than nothing.

3. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

That's BS. What Dept.?

4. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

Looks like he's from Ashby PD. Don't worry Shagle69 nothing ever happens in Ashby.

5. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

stuff you never go cheap on....even if you have to borrow the money
    -boots
    -weapon and ammo
    -vest

6. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

I don't know that there are too many businesses looking to give things away in this economy. Maybe you could stand near the Town Hall and do a boot drive or pay out of pocket and have the Town reimburse you in June. I wouldn't really give my all to a Town that forgot about vests, just sayin'...
    Have YOUR CHIEF contact this company, maybe they can work out a payment plan:
    Second Chance Armor, Inc.

7. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

Id just buy my own and write it off at the end of the year.

8. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

We are no longer able to keep our out of date body armor. When we get new armor, we have to turn in our old. I think that it is traded in and shipped to some shithole like Iraq for their police or some such shit like that. You should contact Reserve Police Association of Massachusetts. It will still cost you but they will have ideas on how to offset that cost.

9. 47turksinajar

47turksinajar MassCops Member

"forgot to budget" yea ok

10. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

"Don't tell me where your priorities are. Show me where you spend your money and I'll tell you what they are"

James W. Frick

I love this quote by Mr. Frick and it can be applied to your department and the town father's of Ashby.

Sounds like they might be alittle nervous now that they have seen an officer involved shooting in their quiet town. Never forget....you and the other cops are NOT the priority.

11. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

When My Dept. did not have any vests for me I went here, Discount Body Armor - New and Used Body Armor - Body Armor Outlet

I went with the Point Blank C Series Level IIIA you can't find a better price. They deal in Bulk so thats how they can sell them so cheap.

The owner's name is Ray and he will take care of you. They are located right over the line in NH and will let you come in to pick up your vest and make sure it will fit

12. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Add flashlight.

13. justanotherparatrooper

NO COP is a town priority...till they need one:stomp:

14. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Or until one dies and they want to show how pro LEO they are and have a big parade, but on a day to day basis, details, Quinn,staffing,equipment, they tuck it to you guys.

15. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

16. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

17. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

An old vest is better than no vest. Get what you can, work a few details and then get a good one ASAP. Thats what I did....

If you can though, as others have stated, borrow the money if you can to get a good one right away...

18. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member