Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
If you want a tip for the pre-basic academy, be able to run more than 4 miles at a very quick pace. They are very harsh with running we ran twice a day M-Th and on Friday morning. The PT was extremely intense. The VPA was nothing in 16 weeks compared to the 3 at pre-basic. The DIs at pre-basic are very good at what they do. Keep your nose clean and train very hard. They will push you to failure and expect you to do twice as much as you already have. The VPA is nothing in comparison.

· Registered
125 Posts
I am serious when I say you really need to run, esspecially since your pre-basic is going to be cold. You fitness is more important than your sneakers. I am not kidding, I just went through the last class and I am a troop out of shaftsbury, pre-basic is hell. Make sure you can run more than three miles. Keep training, remember the endurance and not just strength, good luck.

· Registered
125 Posts
I agree with Billj, buy a great pair of running shoes. He is right do not spare any expenses on this item. They run you into the ground. But make sure that they are broken in before you get there. it also does help to get used to the shoe when running. Just remember be able to run, like forest gump :lol: and you'll be fine. Just remember they are acting and treating you like they are for a reason. Any questions give me a pm. Good luck in the process

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.