Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'm getting closer and closer now... spoke to the recruiting Sgt. for Vermont State Police and he said as long as i pass my background my chances are very very good at getting a job offer for the Jan 05 academy. Keeping my fingers crossed... [-o<

My question is about the amount of running you do in the academy. I know VSP's 3 weeks pre academy is brutal from what I hear. I run at least four times a week, since its my weakness when it comes to PT stuff. How many miles do i need to be able to run at a time to not drop dead in the academy? I can do about 3 miles now without stopping. I do have a couple months to prepare. Any adivce?

·
Subscribing Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I've been weight training for years so running is my main concern. My legs/lower back seem to get tired well before my lungs do. I did three miles the other night fairly easily but i think i should invest in a top notch pair of running sneakers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.