Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does this squad do? Are they detectives in plainclothes or in uniform? What does it take to get on this team?

·
Subscribing Member
583 Posts
I knew a trooper from the Violent Fugitive Apprehension Unit. He was a detective in plainclothes, and he said he mostly worked M-F 9-5.

I would assume it would be like getting into any other specialized unit: Work your @$$ off, prove yourself, and get promoted. :!:

·
Registered
334 Posts
police2000 said:
What does this squad do?
I think the name of the unit pretty much speaks for itself. They track down violent fugitives - most wanted, sex offenders and such. Folks with warrants that we'd all like to see off the streets ASAP, get but can't find.

Are they detectives in plainclothes or in uniform?
Both, I'd imagine. If you run into one of them on official business, don't worry, you'll know it's them.

What does it take to get on this team?
First off, you need to be a trooper ;-)

I'm sure one of our OUTSTANDING MSP members can give some more details.

:)
Eric[/quote]

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
Hey Now!

Maybe we can form Fugitive Aquisition & Recovery Teams (FARTS)
in regions. They can be made up of Deputies, Constables, Probation Officers, Sealers of measures-and weights, parking clerks, and some fellas from Alliance Security! The teams will be lead by senior personnel (Old FARTS) and can wear BDU's with Tact vests. In addition they can be provided with old MSP surplus C.V.'s with catalytic exhaust. (Smelly FARTS)
:FM:

Love & Peace!

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
VFAS guys are plainclothes Troopers assigned to the Division of Investigation and drive unmarked cars (not CV'S). They are all veteran Troopers with 10+ years on the job, and some of our hardest chargers; they really like to kick in your door at 0400 and drag your ass to jail. They often work with other agencies looking for fugitives, from local police to Federal Marshals, Social Security Agents, Etc. Sometimes they ask for one of us humble uniforms for backup, if they need the presence. By the way, in the most recent sweep of sex offenders, not only VFAS, but many local departments and State Police CPAC, Gang Unit, and AG's Office Troopers also contributed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you ever have a bad guy that you cant or dont have the time to find the boyz at VFAS will find them for you. They do a great job and love to hunt down guys that have serious felonies

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.