Vintage Academy footage | MassCops

Vintage Academy footage

Discussion in 'State Police' started by cc3915, Apr 1, 2012.

1. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

2. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

When did the French Foreign Legion hats/covers stop being used? What yr is this film from ?

3. cc3915

Not sure on the hats, but I think I saw a mid 60's era Ford in that video.

7costanza likes this.
  4. Meat Eater

Meat Eater MassCops Member

It looked like a 1965 Ford Galaxy 500 in the video. The plates look like mid 1960's.

5. cc3915

48th RTT

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

6. topcop14

topcop14 Subscribing Member

Good stuff. I love looking at vintage photos and videos.

7. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

I was talking to a friend of mine about his RTT experience. He got on the MSP in 46 after he got discharged from the USMC. He had a few good stories, he said when he was in motorcycle training the Sgt asked if anyone had any experience , they had Indian bikes and one guy raised his hand. He broke his ankle in 2 places when the kickstart snapped back, he said everyone else was scared to death after that.

cc3915 likes this.
  8. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Wow... Very cool stuff! They still teach the judo throws in DT? I saw a kata guruma (somewhat of a fireman's carry) as a punch defense and at the graduation they were demonstrating the tomoe-nage. (Leg throw)

An 80th graduate told me did do some MMA style training, but the visible judo made me curious.

9. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Great video!

10. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

I had to laugh, everyone was PT'ing in Chuck Taylors! BTW, that was a 1966 Ford, and that was the last year for getting new plates issued every year too. For '67 they went to the style we are familiar with, white background with blue digits and numbers. Validation stickers had month and year of expiration on them. I knew my trivia would come in handy one day!

pahapoika and cc3915 like this.
  11. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Bahahaha Zinga!!!

12. topcop14

topcop14 Subscribing Member

One of them kinda looked like Jako

lofu and USMCMP5811 like this.
  13. cc3915

I believe the last member from this class retired a month or two ago. Viva la merger!!

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

14. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

The French Foreign Legion hats are amazing

15. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

Why, when I'm watching that, do I feel like I'm in the 5th grade again? I just need a filmstrip to complete the experience!

Love the 1903 rifles, holsters with the suicide straps, and puttees!

24 hours of water safety? The 48th RTT had more water safety training than the 80th....

16. stm4710

stm4710 Subscribing Member

Water was cheaper back then!

17. dave7336

dave7336 MassCops Member

I missed the part of the video where the desk officer says " We only have a desk and two so we don't have anyone in the area."....kidding

18. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Love the "cock your revolver single action while pointed at the sky" routine LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

19. erikk

erikk New Member

Went through in 68 & we didn't have them then

20. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I thought between the shirt color and the hat design, they looked more like Nazi Storm Troopers, the name even works!

I did read over the responses but may have missed it, did anyone mention Governor Volpe is inspecting the graduates? John Volpe: Governor of Massachusetts 1961-1963 & 1965-1969

[​IMG]

21. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

The corny 60's voice over was hilarious! With his constant references to muscles and working out all I could think of was "Airplane!": Oh and I noticed they didn't celebrate diversity much back then either...