Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gil - what are the chances of getting a "VIEW ALL" button in a Forum topic?

Rather than having to click on "Next Page" in multiple page topics, be able to get the choice for all the pages to display in 1 frame?

I'm not a html/xml guru, so I have no idea about the difficulty of this request....
Thanks!! KK

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
I'll look into it Kozmo, If I can add it as an option I will.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm not guru either but I have seen an option that allow the user to select the number of post displayed per page and the maximum value is usually something ridiculously large like 1000. If you ever are in a remote area and godforbid have to use dial up as I do when to go to Maine loading all post would take forever as the graphics ie avatars slow transfer time so a user selectable option would be very cool. :D

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
Selectable option added, in topics that span a few pages there is now a [View All] link beside the page numbers. All the posts on that topic will be displayed on one page. I tested it on the 77RTT thread and it worked no problem, a little slow in loading but this is why we limit the amount of times a signature is displayed :wink:

Was a fairly simple hack to modify..

Code:
if(!$HTTP_GET_VARS['start']) {
    $start='0';
} else{
    $start=(intval($HTTP_GET_VARS['start']) == $HTTP_GET_VARS['start']) ? (intval($HTTP_GET_VARS['start'])) : ('all');
};

$_limit=($start=='all')?(''):("LIMIT ".$start.", ".$board_config['posts_per_page']);

ORDER BY p.post_time $post_time_order ".$_limit;

if($start=='all') {
    $pagination=' ';
} else{

if(!empty($pagination)) {
    $pagination.=" <a href='".append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_TOPIC_URL . "=$topic_id&start=all&postdays=$post_days&postorder=$post_order")."' style='text-decoration:none;'>".$lang['View_all_pages']."</a>";
    } else{$pagination=" ";}
};

$goto_page .= ' <a href="' . append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_TOPIC_URL . "=" . $topic_id . "&start=all") . '" style="text-decoration:none;">#</a> ]';

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
LOL yes suggestions are always welcomed and most of the time acted upon, most if not all of the mods to the board are from phpBBhacks they have some real good ones and just as many stupid ones.

The only problem with hacking the board is that it changes the scripts a lot and when you go to add a new hack the read me file references a section of code that has been replaced by another hack, so it's gets a little but more difficult each time.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gil - new BB service? Dang, its a bitch to wam up to, but we'll get used to it. In the meantime, can you add the option I asked in this topic? The "View All" button? Thanks!! KK

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
Koz I did try to add this already and ended up with major errors. I will look for a different version of the hack that may play nice with the new code.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts