Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

IBS/WRTV

Five Indianapolis police officers are credited with saving the life of a woman trapped in her burning car on Sept. 26.

Watch Video

INDIANAPOLIS --
Five Indianapolis police officers are credited with saving the life of a woman trapped in her burning car -- and the rescue was caught on tape.

Dash cam video released on Monday showed officers pulling Sherica Lovett, 27, from her car at the intersection on Lafayette and Georgetown roads, 6News' Ericka Flye reported.
The fiery crash happened just after 3 a.m. on Sept. 26 when Lovett hit the back of a tractor-trailer, sparking a fire in her car's engine, police said.
When officers arrived, the car was already engulfed by flames with Lovett trapped inside, police said.
"I then walked around the vehicle again and that's when I heard the, 'Help me, help me,' and saw her shadow through the smoke," said Officer Madeline Lothamer, one of the first officers to arrive at the crash scene.
Officers tried to use fire extinguishers to douse the flames, but the blaze was too strong. When they couldn't get the driver's side door open, they went to the passenger's side, broke the window and pulled Lovett to safety. Moments later, the car exploded, the video showed.
Firefighters arrived shortly after and put out the fire.
Lovett -- who was the only person in the car -- was transported to Wishard Hospital with third-degree burns. She was listed in fair condition on Monday night.

Story From: theindychannel.com

1 - 1 of 1 Posts