Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I offer this not to excite the idiots out there but to give those who face this kind of thing day to day a glimpse at what happened.

www.cqbarms.com/video1.wmv
Video 1 is the wounded officer

www.cqbarms.com/video2.wmv
Video 2 is the officer killed (it happens off screen)
Guy takes cover behind the car disables the officer responding, runs up and shoots him twice in the head while he's lying on the ground.

What's really tragic about this is that the store manager called the police, had access to the video while it was running, and didn't even begin to warn the cops that the guy was standing there with the gun.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Follow these two threads (one inside the other).

Basically suicide by cop by a Marine in Cali.
Used and SKS that's legal in Cali but MIGHT have been brought into Cali illegally.

From what I've heard, the shooter shot one round in the parking lot, went in told the store owner to call police saying someone shot at him and waited in ambush. Police respond and you see what happens.

He was later shot and killed by officers responding as he ran down an alleyway.

Friends say he was distraught about what happened in Iraq and about going back. Marines in his unit say he was in relative safety the whole time (REMF) and was being shipped out to Japan...but I guess that's real close to Iraq.

MORE INFO

Investigators have rejected the theory that a 19-year-old Marine ambushed police officers in Ceres, California, in order to avoid returning to Iraq, a sheriff's spokesman said Sunday.

Lance Cpl. Andres Raya died in a gunbattle with police outside a liquor store January 9 in the town of about 35,000 near his hometown of Modesto.

Police said Raya fired a shot from his semiautomatic SKS rifle outside the liquor store, then told employees he had been shot and to call police. When police arrived, Raya opened fire on them -- an ambush caught on videotape by a security camera outside the store.

Ceres police Sgt. Howard Stevenson was killed almost instantly upon his arrival at the scene, investigators said. Another officer, Sam Ryno, was wounded.

Raya, who drove a truck in the Marines, spent seven months in Iraq in 2004, and family members said he told them he did not want to return.

But he had a "significant amount" of cocaine in his system when he was killed, and a video camera left behind at a school burglary indicates that he was a member of an area youth gang, Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department spokesman Jason Woodman said Sunday.

In addition, the next destination for Raya's unit is Okinawa, Japan, and not Iraq, Woodman said. He said Raya never saw combat in Iraq, nor did he take part in the assault on Falluja in November, as he had told relatives.

"There's a lot of tough talk that goes on with a young man," Woodman said. "It does appear that he may have misled them a little bit about his involvement over in Iraq."

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
yeah i looked up a few articles after watching the video. i doubt that guy suffered any battle fatigue, and he probally just didn't wana leave Cali for anywhere, not japan or iraq. i read that he had gang affiliations and that he was connected to a B&E in a local school after leaving a camera @ the scene. this is just tragic on so many levels, let the finger pointing began. its sad that the family is saying that the police were "trigger happy". oh damn look out marboroughPD another trigger happy marine!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the info...

The picture they showed of him as a civilian, in his "gangsta pose", and the interviews with his "friends" screamed "punk gangsta".

Probably thought he was actually gonna get away with it, his "vast" knowledge of tactics they teach at transportation school and all.

They should investigate charges against the store clerk.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,778 Posts
Maybe his recruiter should answer a couple questions too?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm sorry the cop died. This "gansta" turd should have been flushed a long, long time ago. Too bad one of the terrorists in Iraq didn't get him, it would have been better for him and for us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.