'Video Game' Medal? Plan to Decorate Drone Operators Angers Veterans | MassCops

'Video Game' Medal? Plan to Decorate Drone Operators Angers Veterans

Discussion in 'Military News' started by kwflatbed, Feb 14, 2013.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

2. MaDuce

MaDuce MassCops Member

Above BS.....this is why grunts like to trash on POG's.
    [​IMG]

3. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

While I certainly don't agree with awarding drone operators medals exceeding combat valor awards, like the purple heart or a bronze star, certainly they should be awarded something for their significant contribution to the war on terror. Probably no single instrument has brought more death and destruction to terrorists' networks than the armed drone aircraft. I guarantee that drones strikes have killed more high value targets than all other military assets combined.

4. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Ya know...

This is fuckin' blasphemy.

Behind a computer controlling a predator missile? No danger.

In the sandbox trading gunfire with insurgents? Substantial danger.

What kind of bizarro land are we in, where medals are bestowed upon those who aren't in the line of fire? Hand em a copy of Call of Duty and tell them to keep practicing as their reward...

Delta784, Joel98, corsair and 6 others like this.
  5. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

Chesty Puller is rolling in his grave right now...

brk120, Joel98, corsair and 4 others like this.
  6. Danusmc0321

I have seen first hand what they can do and I have the pics to prove it... But they can't do a damn thing without the boots on the ground telling them where the hot spots are to hit. They can only see people from 20,000 feet it takes eyes on to determine if they are bad people. Sure they deserve a medal, hell the guy who designed the coke machine layout at my base got a NAM but its ranking being above a purple heart?- No Way. Most of these are flown from a base in Arizona depending on the branch and the ops area, but there in ARIZONA in an air conditioned building and go home to their wife and kids every night.

Joel98 likes this.
  7. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

The guy who decided to put one of these:
    dsp_TBASCO.jpg

Into one of these:
    mre.JPG

Deserves a medal which outranks anything these joystick jockeys get.

The Navajo Code Talking Marines served with distinction in every major engagement of the Pacific theater from 1942-1945, their unbreakable code played a pivotal role in saving countless lives and hastening the war's end, and they did it while sharing the danger in the combat theater. This is what they got in return from a grateful nation:

220px-CodetTakerMedal.jpg 180px-Navajo_Code_Talker_Monument.JPG

A Medal and a Monument that honors, yet takes nothing away from, those who had an extra burden of risk in direct combat action.

Absolutely we should recognize the successes of the Drone Program's personnel in the War on Terror,but in a way that does not insult the courage and sacrifices made by our Infantry.

If and when DOD ever honors: "He left it all out there on the computer console today",
    with more importance than: "He left it all out there on the battlefield today" ...
    I would hope that such blasphemy could be punishable.

frank and Danusmc0321 like this.
  8. Danusmc0321

Well Said.

kwflatbed and GARDA like this.
  9. corsair

corsair Guest

This is pure BS yet another insult to our warrior class you want to award something to our Nintendo Pilots for a job well done, ok that's fine, but to have it outrank a Bronze Star with a Combat V is unconscionable. The Nintendo Pilot Medal should not outrank anything where a combat action award for valor can be awarded posthumously. They do a good job and certainly contribute greatly to the War on Terror, but the only risk they have to be concern about his choking on their munchies and red bull.

Judge for your self who is at a higher risk?
    This guy
    [​IMG]

Or these guys
    [​IMG]

Delta784, CPT Chaos, frank and 3 others like this.
  10. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

As others have said . I have no issue with the award its the "ranking " that is pissing people off. No way should it be above a Bronze Star or Purple Heart ( or purple star as the potus calls it )

frank and Pvt. Cowboy like this.
  11. Dan Stark

Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

He really called it a purple star? What a pretard. Yes. Pretard. I don't know what it means, but its dumber than retard somehow.

12. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

That's my issue with it as well. Awesome that get an award for their support and job well done, however it shouldn't trump medals and honors bestowed upon those that are in the sandbox.

...and uh, that guy has an awful lot of controls in front of him. Betcha I could out-gun him with just a single Xbox controller. ;)

CPT Chaos and frank like this.
  13. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Not unless your X-Box drops live Hellfires. ;)

Nightstalker likes this.
  14. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

"Soap, take control of the Predator drone" ..... "AGM's online"

Nightstalker and Pvt. Cowboy like this.
  15. MaDuce

MaDuce MassCops Member

Some other awards the military is considering.
    [​IMG]

frank, corsair, Dan Stark and 2 others like this.
  16. CPT Chaos

CPT Chaos Subscribing Member

What's next? Do they they get the Combat "V" if they had to go to the latrine, and could not, because of Internet Combat?

17. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I don't have an issue with drone operators getting an award, but placing it above a V-rated Bronze Star is beyond clownshoes retarded.

zm88, kwflatbed, CPT Chaos and 2 others like this.
  18. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

The guy who put Tabasco sauce in the MRE should have gotten the CMH :cool: . Waaay better than the LRPs. The Natick Labs douche who made the new ACU should be in front of a firing squad.

Eh, I don't really care if these drone guys get something because they should be recognized for their actions. Though I agree that no battle has ever been won without Vibrams on the ground and some dude sporting an American flag patch.

But after years of watching cubicle commandos receive the same awards handed out like fun tickets at Paragon Park, most people I have worked with feel the same: all of that chest-salad doesn't mean shit when you're slinging beers and sharing war stories about those who didn't come back.