Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
While I certainly don't agree with awarding drone operators medals exceeding combat valor awards, like the purple heart or a bronze star, certainly they should be awarded something for their significant contribution to the war on terror. Probably no single instrument has brought more death and destruction to terrorists' networks than the armed drone aircraft. I guarantee that drones strikes have killed more high value targets than all other military assets combined.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,842 Posts
Ya know...

This is fuckin' blasphemy.

Behind a computer controlling a predator missile? No danger.

In the sandbox trading gunfire with insurgents? Substantial danger.

What kind of bizarro land are we in, where medals are bestowed upon those who aren't in the line of fire? Hand em a copy of Call of Duty and tell them to keep practicing as their reward...

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have seen first hand what they can do and I have the pics to prove it... But they can't do a damn thing without the boots on the ground telling them where the hot spots are to hit. They can only see people from 20,000 feet it takes eyes on to determine if they are bad people. Sure they deserve a medal, hell the guy who designed the coke machine layout at my base got a NAM but its ranking being above a purple heart?- No Way. Most of these are flown from a base in Arizona depending on the branch and the ops area, but there in ARIZONA in an air conditioned building and go home to their wife and kids every night.

·
Subscribing Member
1,615 Posts
The guy who decided to put one of these:
Bottle Liquid Fluid Bottle cap Drink

Into one of these:
Brown Sleeve Font Drink Brand

Deserves a medal which outranks anything these joystick jockeys get.

The Navajo Code Talking Marines served with distinction in every major engagement of the Pacific theater from 1942-1945, their unbreakable code played a pivotal role in saving countless lives and hastening the war's end, and they did it while sharing the danger in the combat theater. This is what they got in return from a grateful nation:

Head Coin Artifact Currency Art
Military camouflage Plant Camouflage Sky Marines

A Medal and a Monument that honors, yet takes nothing away from, those who had an extra burden of risk in direct combat action.

Absolutely we should recognize the successes of the Drone Program's personnel in the War on Terror,but in a way that does not insult the courage and sacrifices made by our Infantry.

If and when DOD ever honors: "He left it all out there on the computer console today",
with more importance than: "He left it all out there on the battlefield today" ...
I would hope that such blasphemy could be punishable.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The guy who decided to put one of these:
View attachment 2059

Into one of these:
View attachment 2060

Deserves a medal which outranks anything these joystick jockeys get.

The Navajo Code Talking Marines served with distinction in every major engagement of the Pacific theater from 1942-1945, their unbreakable code played a pivotal role in saving countless lives and hastening the war's end, and they did it while sharing the danger in the combat theater. This is what they got in return from a grateful nation:

View attachment 2063 View attachment 2064

A Medal and a Monument that honors, yet takes nothing away from, those who had an extra burden of risk in direct combat action.

Absolutely we should recognize the successes of the Drone Program's personnel in the War on Terror,but in a way that does not insult the courage and sacrifices made by our Infantry.

If and when DOD ever honors: "He left it all out there on the computer console today",
with more importance than: "He left it all out there on the battlefield today" ...
I would hope that such blasphemy could be punishable.
Well Said.

G

·
This is pure BS yet another insult to our warrior class you want to award something to our Nintendo Pilots for a job well done, ok that's fine, but to have it outrank a Bronze Star with a Combat V is unconscionable. The Nintendo Pilot Medal should not outrank anything where a combat action award for valor can be awarded posthumously. They do a good job and certainly contribute greatly to the War on Terror, but the only risk they have to be concern about his choking on their munchies and red bull.

Judge for your self who is at a higher risk?
This guy

Or these guys

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
As others have said . I have no issue with the award its the "ranking " that is pissing people off. No way should it be above a Bronze Star or Purple Heart ( or purple star as the potus calls it )
He really called it a purple star? What a pretard. Yes. Pretard. I don't know what it means, but its dumber than retard somehow.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,842 Posts
As others have said . I have no issue with the award its the "ranking " that is pissing people off. No way should it be above a Bronze Star or Purple Heart ( or purple star as the potus calls it )
That's my issue with it as well. Awesome that get an award for their support and job well done, however it shouldn't trump medals and honors bestowed upon those that are in the sandbox.

...and uh, that guy has an awful lot of controls in front of him. Betcha I could out-gun him with just a single Xbox controller. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
"Soap, take control of the Predator drone" ..... "AGM's online"

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
The guy who put Tabasco sauce in the MRE should have gotten the CMH :cool: . Waaay better than the LRPs. The Natick Labs douche who made the new ACU should be in front of a firing squad.

Eh, I don't really care if these drone guys get something because they should be recognized for their actions. Though I agree that no battle has ever been won without Vibrams on the ground and some dude sporting an American flag patch.

But after years of watching cubicle commandos receive the same awards handed out like fun tickets at Paragon Park, most people I have worked with feel the same: all of that chest-salad doesn't mean shit when you're slinging beers and sharing war stories about those who didn't come back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.