Veterans Welcomed Home With $10,000 Bonuses | MassCops

Veterans Welcomed Home With $10,000 Bonuses

Discussion in 'Military News' started by kwflatbed, Nov 10, 2008.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Payments Part Of Expanded Benefits Approved By State

BOSTON -- Massachusetts veterans who've served their country abroad are being recognized with special $10,000 bonuses.

The "Welcome Home" payments are part of expanded benefits approved by the state in 2005.

The tax-free payments are awarded to service members called to active duty since Sept. 11, 2001, and who served in Iraq, Afghanistan or any other nation in the world for 180 days or more.
    To date, 17,000 applications have been approved.

Ten service members were to receive checks Monday at the Statehouse from Treasurer Timothy Cahill. They are Carl Bernard of Brockton, Daniel J. Connor of Needham, John Eden of Mendon, Mikaela Fahey of Plymouth, Anthony F. Hinson of Chelsea, Michael Kennedy of Boston, Thomas A. Luciano of Melrose, Brendan Murphy of Boston, Jose Navarro of Malden and David F. Roy of Attleboro.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/17947260/detail.html

2. MrPat

MrPat New Member

Thats a miss print. Its not $10,000 its $1,000

3. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Maybe sue the media for the difference

4. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

They deserve it!

5. pballernh

pballernh New Member

Yeah this is nothing new. They give us $100 in NH. :rolleyes:

6. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

100....thats a fucking disgrace...not that I think any amount would be enough for what you guys do...ten grand would be a nice amount to start with..dont they give foreigners money to start businesses here...wtf

7. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

ya if your going to give a bonus 100 dollars just seems trivial, its kinda seems like were gonna do it, but our hearts really not in it.

8. Nighttrain

Nighttrain MassCops Member

10K seemed like a reasonable amount to me for the sacrifice made.. If the State is going to go into debt lets at least spend the money on those who not only earned it...they deserve it.

9. pballernh

pballernh New Member

When I returned home the first time, I didn't expect anything. Then I found out about the $100 from NH so I got it. Once I found out MA does $1000 it just pissed me off. I think that NH should just not give anything rather than this. It's very half-assed.