Veterans Day Tribute | MassCops

Veterans Day Tribute

Discussion in 'Military News' started by LGriffin, Nov 9, 2011.

1. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Veterans Day is upon us and we must recognize the sacrifices Veteran's have made for our country. I know that many of you have served, and i'm very grateful for your service.
    May God Bless you all.

[video=youtube;6ml2z7knzyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ml2z7knzyY[/video]

"To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country's service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations." - President Woodrow Wilson

2. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

3. Usa8235

Usa8235 MassCops Member

Thank you all for your Service to our Country. For your Sacrifice and your Commitment and your Honor, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

For all that not only served our Country and then made the choice to serve our communities as Police Officers, double Thank You.

You have all taken the path less traveled , a path that is Honorable and Heroic...serving our Country so that others may have Freedom is the most noble endeavor of all. Strength and Courage, Commitment and Honor are words that come to my mind when i think of a Veteran.
    THANK YOU and WELCOME HOME

4. 5-0

5-0 Guest

Can't bump vet threads enough as far as I am concerned. I do have a Daily Peeve relative to this though if you would permit me Griff.

I am getting pretty irritated at businesses that are putting ads on the radio talking about 'Veterans Day' sales, and not one GD mention of people serving, or talking about how they'll give Vets x% off, or recognize vets, or donate a portion of their profits. Pretty cheesy imo, and if I go into any store that has that posted, they better be doing more than just putting up end-cap displays for zombies to get deals on.

5. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

5-0, I'm 100% with you. The whole SALE thing is making me sick. "Come celebrate our Independence from Great Britain with a new mattress!" "Show our living Veterans how much you care by purchasing a NEW WASHING MACHINE!" "Honor our war dead with a NEW CAR!" I buy NOTHING during these sales. "Welcome Jesus back from the Tomb with a GIFT CARD FROM MACY'S!"

If these leeches want to honor anyone, than as I see it, a two day sale FOR VETERANS ONLY* where all merchandise is at LEAST 50% off. Otherwise, STFU!

See, this is why I originally applauded that whole Occupy thing. Now they TOO can go shit in their hats...and it may be coming to that!

* I even respect the need to have the Vets prove they're vets. We all know how many douche bags would walk in and say, "Yeah, man, I fought in Nam" and are obviously 30 yoa.

6. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

People need to realize the sacrifices that are made by veterans. Many people appreciate and value those that fought, and those that fought and made the ultimate sacrifice. Thank you to all of you that served, serve and plan to serve our great nation.

[video=youtube_share;vRTqnjRysec]http://youtu.be/vRTqnjRysec[/video]

7. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Veterans Day 2011

I'd like to thank all the veterans past and present for their service and to those who have given the ultimate sacrifice.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    George Orwell

[video=youtube;MnvPBYoJ_bY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnvPBYoJ_bY[/video]

8. MARINECOP

MARINECOP MassCops Member

Re: Veterans Day 2011

Getting my war movies lined up for viewing before work at 1500 to 2300. Then after work, one more movie before I go to bed. I talked to my daughter about Veterans day before she went to bed tonight. I then told her while she is off from school tomorrow playing out and about, to tell her friends all she knows about this day while her dad is at work. Freedom is not free. Those who served during war time gave us our freedom. Happy Veterans day to all and especially all here who have served during a time of battle.

9. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Re: Veterans Day 2011

You're very welcome.

10. kwflatbed

‘You get used to being shot at’

By Natalie Sherman
    Friday, November 11, 2011

[​IMG]

HONORED: Wounded Marine Lance Cpl. Evan Reichenthal, 20, of Princeton received the Lt. Col. William F. Degan Semper Fidelis Award in front of 1,500-plus Marines at the Boston Convention Center yesterday.

America’s combat veterans say they want the nation they served to pause today, Veterans Day, to reflect on the heroes who walk among us and those for whom walking is no longer possible. They want us to remember the men and women that remain in harm’s way, still on the field of battle.
    Lance Cpl. Evan Reichenthal, 20, of Princeton had dreamed of being a Marine since the seventh grade. He enlisted in July 2009 and by December 2010, he was in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, with 3rd Battalion, 9th Marines. This is his story:
    “It’s a third-world country, very basic. It’s extremely hot during the day and cold at night. It’s deserts, emptiness, the occasional farmland.

“I was an infantryman. Our mission was to clear out the Taliban, hold what we’d gained and build infrastructure. Clear, hold, build. We’d get intel and we’d go out and get Taliban ... You get used to being shot at. You just adapt.”
    On Jan. 5, 2011, on patrol with his 12-man squad in Marjah, Reichenthal was thrown in the air when an improvised bomb exploded under his feet.

Full Story:
    ‘You get used to being shot at’ - BostonHerald.com

11. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

To all our veterans and their families, have a blessed Veteran's Day. Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

12. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Reiterating what's been said above, thanks to the men and women who have, and will continue to fight to keep this nation the best ever.

Golden Corral (the only one I know of is in Springfield) advertised that all retired/active veterans get a free dinner on the 14th. Made me make sure I have to take a trip to eat there sometime soon, to support a business that supports our troops

13. I'm grateful for all the brave and selfless men and women who serve or have served our nation, especially those who've made the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedom.

Sent from my ADR6300

14. Bhaggs

Bhaggs MassCops Member

Thank You very much to all of the Veterans out there for everything that you have and will do for all of us. We wouldn't be the Country we are today without every one of you. God Bless all of you and stay safe.

For all of the Veterans on here, here is a link to all the places that give thanks to our Veterans.
    2011 Veteran's Day Free Meals and Discounts

15. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

To all those who have served and continue to serve this great land, I sincerely thank you.

16. cousteau

cousteau MassCops Member

My greatest thanks and respect to all those past, present, and future veterans.

17. kwflatbed

In Branson, Missouri, veterans are remembered year-round

[​IMG]
    REUTERS - Sam Sheldon, an 84-year old World War Two U.S. Army veteran whose father fought in World War One, shows his wife, Melva, the same type of .30 caliber machine gun he manned in the Philippines at the …more

BRANSON, Mo (Reuters) - Robert Blackwell can't remember how many years he has been visiting Branson during Veterans Homecoming Week.
    "Maybe 15," said Blackwell, a Vietnam veteran from Ottumwa, Iowa. "It's a nice place to come. Branson honors and welcomes veterans like no other place in America."
    Indeed, Branson, a tourist town nestled in the Ozark Mountains and known for live music, rolls out the red, white and blue for Veterans Homecoming Week, going on now and among the largest veteran's celebration in the country.
    More than 40,000 people attend the numerous patriotic events, which began about 20 years ago.
    Hotels post welcome messages. Restaurants, stores and most of the town's 50 theaters offer discounts to veterans. Schoolchildren make postcards and posters for veterans. A local outlet mall offers space for the Branson Veterans Task Force to host meals, a day room and an outdoor tribute to the late Bob Hope and the USO.
    The week culminates in a massive Veterans Day parade, now in its 78th year. Following the parade, singer Tony Orlando performs a free show to veterans, a tradition he began in 1993. That year, 603 veterans attended, he said. This year, he expects more than 2,000.
    "Branson has become a beacon of patriotism for men and women who have put their lives on the line for America," Orlando told Reuters. "We knew that Branson was the perfect place for veterans to come together and also meet former POWs. It is a life-changer."

Full Story and Pics:
    In Branson, Missouri, veterans are remembered year-round - Yahoo! News