Vet hero struck down by political fire | MassCops

Vet hero struck down by political fire

Discussion in 'Just Shootin' The Breeze' started by mikey742, Dec 29, 2010.

1. mikey742

mikey742 Subscribing Member

Another great decision by our lovely state Government...

[​IMG] By Peter Gelzinis
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tom Kelley’s bravery on the Ong Muong Canal in Vietnam, June 15, 1969, was conspicuous enough that Richard Nixon draped the Medal of Honor around his neck.
    In a perfect world, it should have been enough to cement his position as this state’s Secretary of Veterans’ Services against the usual vagaries of politics.
    But it wasn’t.

http://bostonherald.com/news/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1305961&srvc=news&position=3

2. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Disgusting, I'll bet she and her boss were in the crowd of hippies who spit on these soldiers as they returned home.

3. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Reportedly, Bigby told Kelley that both the governor and lieutenant governor “want to move the agency in a different direction.”

I'll say it... This means a black appointee.

4. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

My guess is they would like the agency to become more inefficient and costly run by someone completely unqualified to hold the position like every other agency in this state. Let's take a man who is doing a good job and toss him to the curb. That makes a lot of sense. I know it's a redundant statement, but deval really is a moron. As for that little twit bigby, she should be thanking Mr. Kelley every time she sees him not telling him to pack up his stuff and move along.

5. firefighter39

firefighter39 Subscribing Member

I can't get upset about this anymore, the douchebags who supported Patrick are to blame, and chief among the blame is OUR unions. They support this douche

6. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

Tom Kelley is a damn hero and this is damn shame.

Some of us have talked about him in the past:

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

True, but then again, I think that keeping a war hero in a job he does well should transcend politics--and would with most other politicians, even despite political party of the appointee.

7. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

Through his parole board, the Governor has killed Officer Maguire. Now he wants to screw with the vets.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

8. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

Deval was quoted as saying, "we need a fresh pair of eyes on this." the dipshit didn't get that Kelley lost his eye during the battle that got him the CMoH

9. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

:banghead:
    Id love to know how much was "donated" to Devil to get the position?

10. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

You know we could probably find out!
    Seems most of his money was donated to obama and the like, none to Patrick from him but some from family members.

11. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

"Bigby told Kelley that both the governor and lieutenant governor “want to move the agency in a different direction.”

Yeah right down the toilet.

12. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Gala to honor Mass. veterans secretary

[​IMG] By Michele McPhee
    Monday, May 9, 2011

[​IMG]
    Photo by Lisa Hornak (file)
    Thomas G. Kelley

Tom Kelley — who earned the Medal of Honor for his bravery in a battle that cost him his eye in Vietnam — is no stranger to dangerous territory.
    Combat is ugly, but so is Massachusetts politics.
    Kelley found that out first hand earlier this year when Gov. Deval Patrick asked the beloved Secretary of Veterans Affairs to reapply for his job and Patrick dumped him for campaign supporter Coleman Nee.
    Nee is a veteran and is well-respected. But Kelley is that and a Medal of Honor recipient. Veterans statewide were outraged. Career politicians and those Kelley had helped out over the years waited for word of a nice send-off at the State House for a man who did so much for returning vets.

Full Story:
    Gala to honor Mass. veterans secretary - BostonHerald.com

13. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

That article says that the Governor will be there. Do me a favor guys and gals, will you? If I am ever in a position to be honored either by deed or when I pass, I want you all to prevent the douchebag Governor and his dumbass Lt. from attending. Bar them physically from entering and tell them that is my wish. I will gladly to the same for you all as well. Thank you.