Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my oral board for VSP this morning. Much different than the other two oral boards i've done. I'd have to say it was my worst, but I think I had enough strong points to pass. I'll find out... The ride along i went on the night before was interesting. First one i've ever done... seems like there not very busy, but I would imagine you can busy yourself wiht traffic related stuff. I know there down a lot of guys and I think I have a good shot with them. I'm thinking I will take them over Burlington, VT PD if i get the offer. I hear there pre- academy (boot camp) in Colchester is brutal! Anyone else applying with VSP?

·
Subscribing Member
284 Posts
VSP is very busy in a couple of posts. If you want business if you get the job, go for Rockingham, Brattleboro, or Rutland barracks. There pre-basic academy was held at the police academy, which is 3 weeks prior to the actual academy start. The pre-basic is very tough from what my class mates said. Plus, you gotta remember this is not mass, where not as big up here so yes we are not as busy. Good luck!

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If i got on i would eventually try and get south if i wasn't able to start there. Brattleboro or Rockingham would be ideal. Suprisingly i hear St. Albans is very busy.

·
Subscribing Member
284 Posts
You would have a blast in Rock and Bratt. There are some wealthy area's to play in, but there are a hell of a lot more welfare communities. They are very busy with domestics, drugs, dui's accidents, etc. They work pretty well with the local pd's. There are of course those few that run on the ruins for that reputation, but for the most part they are a decent bunch.

·
Registered
54 Posts
One of my academy mates worked VSP before resigning and getting hired back in CT. He said the only reason he left was because his family and friends were still in CT and he was driving home every weekend to see them. He said he loved the job. He mentioned he worked out of one of the southern barracks, I believe Rockland. I think he said he and another unit were covering essentially a county's worth of activity. He said he covered all types of calls, and found the tourist seasons fun as well. Overall he said he had a great time.

As far as being down, I think they've been down for a long time and are on a continuos hiring cycle. Good Luck.

Posted 28 Oct 2004 13:44:

One of my academy mates worked VSP before resigning and getting hired back in CT. He said the only reason he left was because his family and friends were still in CT and he was driving home every weekend to see them. He said he loved the job. He mentioned he worked out of one of the southern barracks, I believe Rutland. I think he said he and another unit were covering essentially a county's worth of activity. He said he covered all types of calls, and found the tourist seasons fun as well. Overall he said he had a great time.

As far as being down, I think they've been down for a long time and are on a continuos hiring cycle. Good Luck.

·
Subscribing Member
292 Posts
I heard a story about a Bridgeport officer that was on disability. While out he was hired by VTSP and attended the Academy. About halfway through they found out and he was dissmissed from both departments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts