Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - Some Forest Park residents say someone ripped yellow ribbons from their trees, which were tied there to honor American troops serving overseas. Now a neighborhood is crushed.
Two residents in particular, Laurie Caracciolo and her 9 year-old daughter Hanna are devastated. After Laurie's boyfriend was deployed to Iraq, they decorated all the trees on two streets in the neighborhood.
On Monday morning, they woke up to find several yellow ribbons cut down and tossed like trash into the street. Now the neighborhood is banding together in peace after an angry protest.
"It's absolutely horrible gesture for somebody to do. It's rude, it's disrespectful and there's no need for it," Mary Grace Biastoff said.
The Caracciolo's have no plans to let this incident get them down. Even though Laurie's boyfriend is home from Iraq now, they say they'll still hang more yellow ribbons for the troops still overseas.

http://www.wwlp.com/global/story.asp?s=9173929&srvc=developing

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
That's your tolerant, diversity embracing left for you.

Not that it's anywhere near as shameful as desecrating memorials or tributes to our soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen, but you wouldn't believe how many McCain \ Palin signs I've seen trashed in the areas of Derry \ Hudson \ Londonderry \ Salem..
I half expect to see my McCain, Bradley, Sununu signs damaged when I leave for work, but luckily I live in a predominantly conservative town.

G

·
Wouldnt you love to catch a few of these jerks in the act ...
I assisted another officer who caught a bunch of college students stealing and defacing Pat Buchanan signs during the 1996 primary. It was his call so he made the decision to not charge them, which I disagreed with. I did manage to give them the "tolerant and compassionate liberals" speech though. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts