Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is going to be hard to find. Just type boston, ma and it should be there...
http://www.usajobs.gov/

POLICE OFFICER

Additional Duty Location Info: 7 vacancies - Boston Metro area, MA
MAJOR DUTIES:
Major duties and responsibilities include:
  • May be required to work at any Boston Healthcare System location.
  • Rotating Shifts and Weekends including working holidays.
The primary duties of VA police are the performance of law enforcement work in the preservation of the peace; the prevention, detection, and investigation of crimes occurring on VA controlled property; the arrest of violators; the control of traffic; the providing of assistance for citizens in emergency situations, including the protection of personnel and civil rights; and the protection of VA owned or controlled property. The VA police officer assures compliance with federal, state, county and municipal laws and ordinances as they pertain to VA property and agency rules and regulations pertaining to law enforcement work. Duties include providing crowd control and defusing stress; independently conducting foot and vehicle patrols; issuing traffic citations; responding to a wide variety of emergencies, including bomb threats and crimes in progress, disturbances, assaults, etc.; determining the need for and conducting searches; assessing and controlling crime scenes and investigating crimes; interrogating suspects; taking statements from witnesses; collecting and preserving evidence; and performing apprehensions, restraints, and arrests. He/she also prepares reports; testifies in federal and state court; provides assistance; and transmits messages and instructions to officers on patrol. The applicant must have a valid driver's license.

APPLY ONLINE OR FAX TO 1-478-757-3144 USING OFFICIAL COVER PAGE

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm a vet, but due to a HR screw-up, it didn't help me get hired. I came on with 5 other guys...one of them was a vet, but I don't think he got any points for it. So, other people definitely stand a chance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts