Use of flashing blues and spot light | Page 2 | MassCops

Use of flashing blues and spot light

Discussion in 'Vehicle Laws' started by Mass Driver, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Duff112

Duff112 MassCops Member

Ahh... Now you've got me misty-eyed with Harold Ramis passing.... "Lighten up Francis"

I want to add that I have actually gone on several calls during my 22 year career where I have actually used that phrase to shut some a-hole up at a domestic/bar fight/______ (Fill in the blank)

Anyone else??

frank and BxDetSgt like this.
  2. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

How would Sgt. Hulka respond?

Duff112 likes this.
  3. Dan Stark

Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

Yes. Any self respecting man knows the phrase, and has to listen, or his man card is revoked. lol

BxDetSgt likes this.
  4. Mass Driver

Mass Driver New Member

Really awesome cops. Do they teach it in training, or is it just natural evolution when you share a locker room? I myself am such a loser and can't drive worth a shit. Just call me Mr Magoo, my head is shoved so far up my ass I have to fart to breathe.

mtc and Hush like this.
  5. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

right.as.rain, Bloodhound and FTH like this.
  6. I believe drivers accept the risk of getting a ticket or being splattered across the roadway when they do stupid sh*t.
    How could you have been put at risk by the officer if you were stopped in a non-travel lane when the light was in your eyes? Sounds to me like you put yourself at risk when you made a u-turn across a travel lane when you claim you couldn't see clearly. Nobody made you do that.
    Oh, and I'm sure that officer will be all broken up about having to haul himself into court just for your stupid ticket. Actually, I recommend you fight ALL your tickets in court. LEOs don't get paid nearly enough for all the risks they accept as part of their job, so the court pay really helps put food on the table. Good for you for wanting to help them out like that. :D

Sent from my wicked smaht Droid Maxx

7. GD

GD MassCops Member

I am calling bs on this one!!!

8. 9X19

9X19 MassCops Member

Comm vs Smigliano SJC of MA said “the activation of blue lights while investigating criminal activity will constitute a 4th amendment seizure. However it will not violate the 4th AMD in community caretaking ie, pulling over to check on a car in breakdown lane, blocking the roadway for an accident .

Your argument should be why he activated them in the first place. If he was letting you out into the road such as another poster suggested this would fall under the community caretaking exemption.