Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been looking into the USCG. I've made calls to the Coast Guard main office in Boston along with the Civil Service department and have not been gettting any help at all ( it would help if someone answered a phone once in a while ). I also sent an e-mail to the USCG and got a generic " Thank you for your interest, please call...." What I wanted to know was what are the differences between full-time active duty and active reserves? A friend of mine is going into the Coast Guard as active reserve, and just wanted more info on what it's like, and also wanted to make sure you would receive vet status if you are in the active reserve. Thanks for all the information you may be able to offer!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thank you for the reply USMCMP5811, I have decided to join, however I am still trying to decide when would be the best time. I'm 19 and heading into my second year in college. I was thinking of taking a semester off, so I can do my active duty, then when I would be starting my Junior year, go to reserve so I can continue with school. I really want to get the military experience out of the way so when I get out of school I will have my Masters degree in Criminal Justice along with the vet status/ military experience. Would anyone have any info as to what you would do in respect to when to join, and how long to stay active duty? Thank you for any suggestions!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.