US Navy ship collides with oil tanker in Gulf | MassCops

US Navy ship collides with oil tanker in Gulf

Discussion in 'Military News' started by kwflatbed, Aug 12, 2012.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

US Navy ship collides with oil tanker in Gulf

Published August 12, 2012
    Associated Press
    MANAMA, Bahrain – The U.S. Navy says one of its guided-missile destroyers collided with an oil tanker early Sunday but that no one was injured in the accident.
    The collision involving the USS Porter and the Panamanian-flagged bulk oil tanker M/V Otowasan occurred at approximately 1 a.m. local time, the U.S. Navy said in a statement.
    The damage to the Porter is being evaluated and the incident is under investigation, the Navy added.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/12/us-navy-ship-collides-with-oil-tanker-in-gulf/?test=latestnews#ixzz23Kds7AcE

2. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

Paper exchange.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

3. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Captain will be relieved of command

4. ShmitDiesel

ShmitDiesel Radio

5. ArchAngel2

ArchAngel2 Grand Admin Commander

How does something like this happen?? These things are not small

lofu likes this.
  6. lofu

lofu Subscribing Member

I guess the radar camouflage works?

7. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

8. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

His/her military career is over, regardless is he/she was asleep at the time of the collision. That's how it goes, the military is ruthless when it comes to accountability of commanding officers.

j809 likes this.
  9. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

US Navy now reports that the oil tanker, whose Captain is 89 years old, had it's right directional on for 7 nautical miles. Navy ship attempted to pass and the oil tanker turned left coming into contact with the US destroyer.

10. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Is this new? Just implemented? Oooohhh, I get it, you was being a funny guy!

11. lofu

lofu Subscribing Member

That sounds familiar. Hahahaha

Delta784 likes this.
  12. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I wonder if there's a live round in the chamber of this shotgun? I think I'll find out by squeezing the trigger.

If the Navy were run like our place, all the enlisted sailors would be fucked with and inconvenienced for about a month, while the commanding officer got a medal.

USMCMP5811, MSP75 and lofu like this.
  13. corsair

corsair Guest

Someone just got transfer to supply.