US Marshals FCIP program | Page 2 | MassCops

US Marshals FCIP program

Discussion in 'Federal Agencies' started by acampane, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Gizzard Burger

Gizzard Burger New Member

teh website says theres a test coming up, cant wait to take it. anyone know what kind of schedule these guys work? any chance at working in boston if i get on?

2. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Good! Now that I have a degree, I may get looked at this time around. Last time I didn't make it through the email lottery.

3. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

Attach a picture of you in your Ed Hardy shirt, they will LOOK! lol

4. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Cowboy are you still rockin the Ed HArdy? I thought we were supposed to switch to Affliction a while ago.

5. 5-0

5-0 Guest

I'm still rockin 3 popped collars. I need to catch up.

6. Irishpride

Irishpride Subscribing Member

Don't feel bad I had a BA with a decent GPA and 4 years as a police officer and I didn't get an invite to the orientation session either

7. Pvt. Cowboy

Negative sir, all Ed Hardy/Christian Audigier has been retired. I still have a decent amount of affliction shirts in the rotation...

8. LoganF

LoganF MassCops Member

I'm quoting this because the title of this is still showing FCIP.

FCIP did get killed, there was debate about how it was fair I think with the "civil service" idea (i.e 5 point and 10 point veterans) and other things to, but mainly that. I know we don't have it my agency.

The USBP even canned the old job announcement they had while hiring under the FCIP.

You won't find it anymore unfortunately.

9. Gizzard Burger

Gizzard Burger New Member

I hear these guys carrying mad weapons these days, M203s, MP5s, glocks, the works. armed to the teeth, must be dangerous work, id bet its worth it though

10. Irishpride

Irishpride Subscribing Member

........but do they have Chpt 90? On a serious note yes it can be dangerous, they've already had two DUSM killed in the line of duty in 2011. The only two downsides I can see about this job is:
    With no more FCIP God only knows what area you'll be assigned to if hired (I remember reading a lot of new hires are going to the southern boarder).

And as with most LE jobs specialized gigs (like their Fugitive Task Force) are competitive to get into and there is no guarantee that you will ever get a shot. The court assignments sound pretty boring to me and that's really the bread and butter of the USMS.

11. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Gizzard Burger

It all boils down to how much you donate and how much ass you kiss.

12. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

You will have to take me shopping before the M&G, need some new gear.

I refuse to bite...but I am going to get some popcorn for when someone else does.

13. Pvt. Cowboy

Metro park closed at the Natick collection... I'm screwed now.

14. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Yo, why would their weapons be mad?

15. LoganF

LoganF MassCops Member

I laughed so hard I just about pissed my pants when I read this.

16. mpguy

mpguy MassCops Member

I got a chance to talk to a Marshal at work a couple of months ago. She told me that the best way to get in, is to become a Detention Enforcement Officer (DEO), she said that eventually ( a couple years on) you will be asked if you would like to attend the CITP/Marshal program at GLYNCO, GA. She also said that other that she does not foresee another open competitive announcement anytime soon. But who knows....

17. federal officer

federal officer MassCops Member

DEO, are hard to come by as they only hire a few at a time per region. If your willing to relocate then you have a much better chance. Great gig by the way. Glyco is ALOT of fun :)

18. Pvt. Cowboy

I heard they scrapped the latest round of applicants (2009) due to the removal of FCIP...

19. LoganF

LoganF MassCops Member

Anything like our agency (Federal BTW) most likely exactly what happened.