US declares swine flu 'emergency' | MassCops

US declares swine flu 'emergency'

Discussion in 'Hot Topics' started by Beal Feirste, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Beal Feirste

Beal Feirste MassCops Member

So what's this all about?

US President Barack Obama has declared swine flu a national emergency.

BBC NEWS | Americas | US declares swine flu 'emergency'

"Health officials say the infections are already comparable to peak season flu levels."

Ok, so it's not the time of year that there could be a peak of seasonal flu?

"It allows authorities to bypass certain federal requirements in order to deal more effectively with emergencies."

Oh but of course it does.

"Although figures are hard to verify, it is thought H1N1 has hospitalised about 20,000 people in the US."

I saw a poster in the local pharmacist's here recently, listing the symptoms of 'swine flu'. Guess what, it's the same as.....well you know....flu!

HOW SWINE FLU OUTBREAK EMERGED

Not that I'm skeptical or anything mind you but a guess? In a laboratory?

2. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

My biggest concern is that this strain is closely followed by bacterial pneumonia, which I can only surmise is like getting kicked in the balls after being punched in the throat.

Many are stating concerns about the vaccine being rushed, however, they don't usually spend much time on the seasonal flu vaccine either. I've had seasonal flu vacs for the past 15 years with no negative results (other than my narcissistic personality disorder, of course, which I believe is solely due to working with the public).

Anyone else notice that there is a plethora of the vaccine available in run down areas (constituent zones)? A friends husband is a Doctor and made a phone calls for them to secure shots for their children at another office since there are NONE in our area. She had to go to "Da hood" to get them...

3. Beal Feirste

Is this in every case or a high percentage of?

Working with the general public can have that effect. Alas, there is no vaccine for it.

What would be the reason that "under privileged" areas would have a ready supply of the vaccine do you think?

Cat! Sell up! We're moving to Lowell!

4. sean37

sean37 MassCops Member

call me cynical, but i think the link between this announcement and health care reform will probably present itself...................tomorow, monday at latest.

and i just read the symptoms too, they are exactly the same as the regular flu. is there something im missing?

5. Boston Irish Lass

Boston Irish Lass MassCops Member

Seas an fod!!! [-(

No way I'm moving there. Was driving through the other day and saw a sticker that said "Last American Out of Lowell Grab the Flag"

6. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

[​IMG]

Obama's just preparing for the eventual zombie plague.

Lock-and-load people! Or be prepared to become one the brain-eaters!

7. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

8. 5-0

5-0 Guest

9. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

LOL, looks like the Amherst Town Fathers.

10. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Governor Patrick on H1N1 emergency

[​IMG]

Governor Deval Patrick held a press conference Saturday afternoon reiterating President Obama's Emergency Declaration for the H1N1 virus. He spoke about precautions that should be taken to prevent the spreading of flu in general.
    The governor says that there is no reason to panic. The outbreak has not overloaded hospitals in Massachusetts and the state is still receiving large shipments of the vaccines.
    The governor reiterated that it is very important to stay home if you have flu-like symptoms in order to help prevent the spread of the virus.

Governor Patrick on H1N1 emergency

11. Boston Irish Lass

Boston Irish Lass MassCops Member

My apologies - Stand your ground!!!

12. MARINECOP

MARINECOP MassCops Member

Ron Paul on H1N1.
    The man makes a lot of sense when he speaks up against the government and the federal reserve, but how can his fellow republicans allow him to be so bias against to which they serve? I don't see them bashing him every chance they get. I just don't get this system of things. :confused:
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpLdc4vMpFY"]YouTube- Ron Paul on H1N1[/nomedia]

13. Beal Feirste

Silence showing agreement maybe. Paul usually talks sense. They might not feel comfortable enough to come out in support but neither are they going to bash him in public because that's what might be expected.

Politics....it's a funny old game.

14. MichaelJones

MichaelJones New Member

Swine flu is not nearly the emergency officials are making it out to be...

It's just like the normal flu... stay home, sleep and try not to spread it..