US Army added Dobermans to their aggressive dog list | MassCops

US Army added Dobermans to their aggressive dog list

Discussion in 'Military News' started by L4G81, Oct 22, 2009.

1. L4G81

L4G81 MassCops Member

This new list will now NOT allow any soldiers to have a Doberman in military housing. Please sign the petition, if you contest it, in the link below.

Thanks in advance guys - I can only imagine how heartbreaking it is going to be for the soldiers and their families to have to get rid of their dogs because of this. :(

Dobermans in Military Housing | Petition2Congress |

2. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

What will happen to Zeus and Apollo?
    [​IMG]

3. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

I really do not believe there is any such thing as an "aggressive breed", aggressive dog yes but breed? That is total BS.

4. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

Whats next German Shepherds?

5. Hawk19

Hawk19 New Member

The lads!

6. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

Please No!

[​IMG]

7. L4G81

L4G81 MassCops Member

Wouldn't be surprised. Dobes are AMAZING K9's in Germany and one of the best SAR dogs that participated in the 9/11 search for survivors in the debris was a Doberman. If they are becoming banned to even military bases ... Shepards will most likely be next on the list. :(

8. Sam1974

Sam1974 MassCops Member

WOW, just wow.. i can not stand the prejudice people have against certain breeds.. Just the nickname "bully breed" allows them to be put on the no-no list. Did you know that most apartment complexes won't allow Greyhounds in? Has nothing to do with their size but the fact that they are ex-racers, therefore, they MUST be aggressive. Greyhounds consist of the #1 breed that are therapy dogs. BUT even with therapy dog status, they aren't allowed into apartment complexes.

It breaks my heart.. No bad breeds, just bad breeders and bad owners. Backyard breeders and puppy mills don't breed for the good of the breed, they aren't looking for temperment or health.. THey are looking to make money so as people purchase these dogs because they are cheap, they end up breeding them to produce more freaking puppies that have aggression or health issues. It's a vicscious cycle.

I signed the petition.

9. Simon

Simon Guest

I love dogs but you guys are a bunch of bleeding heart liberals...........

10. Sam1974

Sam1974 MassCops Member

Sorry sniper..... if you really mean this than you really don't "love" dogs.

:cool:

11. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

Well said SAM.

Can I change my vote in the approve Sniper comments thread?:p

12. L4G81

L4G81 MassCops Member

Nah, we just care about families keeping their rightfully deserved pets ... no bleeding hearts, sorry to dissapoint .....

13. Simon

Simon Guest

Aparently I need to start BROADCASTING that I am being sarcastic...... SHEESH.

and the military isnt going to "TAKE AWAY" anyones dogs I would assume.

14. L4G81

L4G81 MassCops Member

I hope not ... but they wouldn't be making a big stink about it if they weren't *thinking* of doing it ...

15. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

OK! So first I saw this and was saddened and upset that the Snipe I know would EVER say this. I had a great response, "Obviously the voice of reason you boast of only works when its NOT COMING FROM YOUR ASS!!!"
    Then I read this and see that I cant use the great quote I put above....... Wait! I did use it!!! Sorry Snipey! I should have never doubted you!!

16. dobermansok

dobermansok New Member

Thank you so much for starting this thread. I am the owner of the petition and I appreciate your help in getting the word out. I would have started this petition sooner had I known about the ban. I didn't find out of course until two weeks ago when my husband and I moved on post. Again, thanks!

17. L4G81

L4G81 MassCops Member

And THANK YOU for starting this petition and caring so much about it. You have my ultimate respect and coming from a dog rescuer (and doberman owner) for the past 9 years ... if there is ANYTHING I can do to help the cause besides spread the word, I am just a PM away.

Welcome to MC! You're A-Okay in my book! :)

18. dobermansok

dobermansok New Member

Sniper,
    The Army won't literally take your dog away, they just tell you to either get rid of it, or live some place else... so kind of the same thing I guess. This rule was enforced in February, we had no idea since we didn't live in military housing at the time. We moved into housing two weeks ago and we were told, "Sorry, you gotta get rid of the dog." They don't even allow mixed breeds with the same markings or characteristics of a dog that is banned.

19. BPD3352

BPD3352 MassCops Member

"They don't even allow mixed breeds with the same markings or characteristics of a dog that is banned."

My parents have a black and tan coonhound with the same markings as the doby, short hair and all.

This should be a case by case basis, not an automatic firesquad! I've encountered more "mean" 4 pound dogs than 100 pound dogs.

20. dobermansok

dobermansok New Member

Well, if that coon hound decided to "act" aggressive, he would be gone as far as the Army Housing is concerned.

21. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

OK!! I love what ya did doberman but we gotta change that name. When I read it at first it looked like doberman sok (suck) I though we were all gonna flame you!!! ;-)

22. dobermansok

dobermansok New Member

LMAO! It's too late to do that, that's the email I created for my petition. Funny how I never noticed that until it was pointed out, but you are right. Maybe I should have used a hyphen. :eek:

23. dobermansok

dobermansok New Member

Ok now I can't stop thinking about doberman sok. Now you guys gotta help me come up with something else that is available for use in yahoo mail... since you pointed it out. I feel it's only fair. \\:D/

24. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

DobermansRok For either Dobermans Rock, or Dobermans aRe ok!! ;-)! I'm here for you!

25. dobermansok

dobermansok New Member

Only dobermansareok spelled out works... although I did like where you were going with the dobermansrok thing... taken though. Anything else?