Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new hear and been thinking about and talking with my aunt( she is a CO at garnder) and I already signed up for the march 21st 09 test. Anyone else going to be there? This will be my first CS test any words of advise.
Thank you all
Hollie

·
Registered
41 Posts
I took the CO1 test back in March. The one bit of advice I can give you is to definitely read the "Correction Officer Examination Preparation and Practice Booklet" available on the DOC web site. It has good examples of the "type" of questions you will see on the test. Read it several times and take the practice test… it definitely helped.

Good Luck

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just took the September test. 80 questions, multiple choice. There are no trick questions, and the answers are pretty obvious if you work your way through each problem. If you're new to civil service tests (like I was) grab a copy of Arco's CO test prep book. You'll find them at Borders or even cheaper on Amazon. It'll help get you acquainted with the different formats of questions asked and the type of thinking you'll be doing throughout the exam. Aside from that just take your time and don't worry about it. The hardest part is the waiting -after- the test.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Also, pray that anyone actually gets hired off this test. A list will be established, ranking the scores of the test-takers a few months later, but those scores are only good for two years (I think). On WTKK recently, Jim Braude defended having these tests as "getting your place in line", even though plans for new classes in the next two years are specious are best. I'll be happy if even one class gets hired off the next round of CS exams.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It's a fairly easy test. You have three hours to answer eighty questions. The whole point of it is reading comprehension and some minimal grammar and math questions. Just take your time and as the teacher always said in grade school...take your time.

·
fraggle tamer
1,887 Posts
reading comprehension and some minimal grammar and math questions
Hey! If that's the case she may have done ok!!!

That was f*cking painful to read.

·
Registered
238 Posts
and thats all money that will go int othe state coffers with no discernible benefit to the constituency.

very few if any people are going to get hired off of that list. very few is any people are going to get hired off of the police exam next month. those that do get hired will either be previously trained(like the guys from worcester) or will be vets. if you dont fit into either of those catagories, you would have been better buying a few grams of blow with that big head you spent on the test. at least with the coke, you'd enjoy the few hours your money bought you.

·
Registered
233 Posts
if you dont fit into either of those catagories, you would have been better buying a few grams of blow with that big head you spent on the test. at least with the coke, you'd enjoy the few hours your money bought you.
Well if he did that he would wind up like this guy

·
Registered
8 Posts
and thats all money that will go int othe state coffers with no discernible benefit to the constituency.

very few if any people are going to get hired off of that list. very few is any people are going to get hired off of the police exam next month. those that do get hired will either be previously trained(like the guys from worcester) or will be vets. if you dont fit into either of those catagories, you would have been better buying a few grams of blow with that big head you spent on the test. at least with the coke, you'd enjoy the few hours your money bought you.
Why would you think that? I hear in the second week of April the September and march aplicants will get a letter for the PAT test.

·
Registered
88 Posts
jmorel: What is your source? I took the Sept. test and haven't heard anything about a certification list yet, or future academies for that matter. Please fill us in... thanks.

Oh, and as far as March, scores take at least 90 days to come out, so I don't see how they could be on a list the following month if they do call up a new certification list(?)

·
Registered
8 Posts
jmorel: What is your source? I took the Sept. test and haven't heard anything about a certification list yet, or future academies for that matter. Please fill us in... thanks.

Oh, and as far as March, scores take at least 90 days to come out, so I don't see how they could be on a list the following month if they do call up a new certification list(?)
I just read it on the fourms in here

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, it has been 2+ months since the exam, and the HRD Info website finally changed my status from Civilian to Veteran. Maybe that means they are close to posting scores from the MAR 09 test.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts